Monitor question

Since I changed from 98SE to XP last week, Windows tells me that my NEC
MultiSunc LCD1700NX monitor is a "Plug and Play" monitor. It appears to be
working fine, so my questions are:

1) Does it matter?

2) If it does, how do I get it to recognise the monitor for what it is?
I've tried messing about with the disk which came with the monitor, but
without success.
--
Slartibartfast
To reply by email, remove the FJORDS from my address

    On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 00:57:17 +0100, Slartibartfast wrote:

    > Since I changed from 98SE to XP last week, Windows tells me that my NEC
    > MultiSunc LCD1700NX monitor is a "Plug and Play" monitor. It appears to be
    > working fine, so my questions are:
    >
    > 1) Does it matter?
    >
    > 2) If it does, how do I get it to recognise the monitor for what it is?
    > I've tried messing about with the disk which came with the monitor, but
    > without success.

    Monitors don't need drivers (unless they special features involving other
    hardware) but INF files are used to tell Windows a bit about your monitor.

    If the files that you have on the disk for the monitor include an INF file
    suitable for use with XP, right click on the INF file and select Install.

    Otherwise, download this zip from NEC:
    http://www.nec-mitsubishi.com/coremedia/download/18296/LCD1700NX-InfICMFiles.zip

    Unzip the download to a folder. If there is no setup.exe in the unzipped
    files, install the INF file as mentioned above.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Plug And Play Monitors Microsoft Windows XP