XP Printer

Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which they
replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
easy (no problems).

I'd like to know that model number.
TIA Dannie
5 answers Last reply
More about printer

    Most folks can install printers without any problems, even old ones... As long as you
    have current drivers and follow the manufacturer's instructions you shouldn't have
    issues.

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which they
    > replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
    > easy (no problems).
    >
    > I'd like to know that model number.
    > TIA Dannie

    I run XP Home and have three (3) printers connected. Very simple. Turn your PC
    OFF and connect your printer and reboot. XP's plug & play feature will automatically install it for you or it will tell you that new hardware was found and install it or ask you to insert the driver installation disk. The printers can be serial, parallel or USB, it makes no difference. If you have no more use of the old printer
    just delete it in the Control Panel/Printers and faxes....etc.

    "Dannie" wrote:

    > Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which they
    > replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
    > easy (no problems).
    >
    > I'd like to know that model number.
    > TIA Dannie

    Thanks for info. I installed HP5650 today following their instructions and
    everything appeared to work fine. However when I tried to print a document
    all I got was gibberish.
    I was all set to call HP and then I went to Start>Control Panel>Printers and
    Faxs and found that my old printer was still setup as my default printer. I
    deleted that printer and the HP5650 is now my default and everything is
    working fine.
    Dannie

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I run XP Home and have three (3) printers connected. Very simple. Turn
    your PC
    > OFF and connect your printer and reboot. XP's plug & play feature will
    automatically install it for you or it will tell you that new hardware was
    found and install it or ask you to insert the driver installation disk. The
    printers can be serial, parallel or USB, it makes no difference. If you
    have no more use of the old printer
    > just delete it in the Control Panel/Printers and faxes....etc.
    >
    > "Dannie" wrote:
    >
    > > Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which
    they
    > > replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
    > > easy (no problems).
    > >
    > > I'd like to know that model number.
    > > TIA Dannie

  4. I can't find the printer so i can download the disk
  5. Quote:

    Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which they
    replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
    easy (no problems).

    I'd like to know that model number.
    TIA Dannie

    I have a lexmark x1185 printer