Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which they
replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
easy (no problems).

I'd like to know that model number.
TIA Dannie

Most folks can install printers without any problems, even old ones... As long as you
have current drivers and follow the manufacturer's instructions you shouldn't have
issues.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which they
> replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
> easy (no problems).
>
> I'd like to know that model number.
> TIA Dannie

Byte

I run XP Home and have three (3) printers connected. Very simple. Turn your PC
OFF and connect your printer and reboot. XP's plug & play feature will automatically install it for you or it will tell you that new hardware was found and install it or ask you to insert the driver installation disk. The printers can be serial, parallel or USB, it makes no difference. If you have no more use of the old printer
just delete it in the Control Panel/Printers and faxes....etc.

"Dannie" wrote:

> Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which they
> replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
> easy (no problems).
>
> I'd like to know that model number.
> TIA Dannie

Thanks for info. I installed HP5650 today following their instructions and
everything appeared to work fine. However when I tried to print a document
all I got was gibberish.
I was all set to call HP and then I went to Start>Control Panel>Printers and
Faxs and found that my old printer was still setup as my default printer. I
deleted that printer and the HP5650 is now my default and everything is
working fine.
Dannie

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I run XP Home and have three (3) printers connected. Very simple. Turn
your PC
> OFF and connect your printer and reboot. XP's plug & play feature will
automatically install it for you or it will tell you that new hardware was
found and install it or ask you to insert the driver installation disk. The
printers can be serial, parallel or USB, it makes no difference. If you
have no more use of the old printer
> just delete it in the Control Panel/Printers and faxes....etc.
>
> "Dannie" wrote:
>
> > Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which
they
> > replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
> > easy (no problems).
> >
> > I'd like to know that model number.
> > TIA Dannie

Interested in hearing from people who have an XP Home system in which they
replaced their old printer with a new printer and found the installation
easy (no problems).

I'd like to know that model number.
TIA Dannie
I have a lexmark x1185 printer