North Americas choice

Carl

Does anyone know if NA Choice works in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach Ensenada area
? The map seems to only show the sites as around central Mexico.
Thanks,
Carl

Carl <cjh3@email.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if NA Choice works in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach Ensenada area
> ? The map seems to only show the sites as around central Mexico.
> Thanks,
> Carl

In Tijuana you may be able to pick up a signal from the San Diego network.

Carl

I can get signals in all the mentioned locations from the mexican phone
companies, but what I am trying to find out was if those locations would
fall under the north american choice plan (they did not when the plan was
first introduced)
FYI. Somewhere near the border, but still in the states, my phone (as
well as an ATT) is picked up by the mexican phone system.
Thanks,
Carl

"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> Carl <cjh3@email.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know if NA Choice works in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach Ensenada
area
> > ? The map seems to only show the sites as around central Mexico.
> > Thanks,
> > Carl
>
> In Tijuana you may be able to pick up a signal from the San Diego network.
>

> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
0xE3AE35ED
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
> "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out
and buy
> slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
98/2000/2003

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

From:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/dispatcher?action=DISPLAY&item=_FAQ_TOPIC&topicID=48#181

>>In what countries can I take my Verizon Wireless phone and be able to make
and receive calls?
>>You can use your tri-mode Verizon Wireless phone in:

>>Canada, Mexico, (Region 1 - Tijuana, Region 4 -Monterray, Region 5 -
Guadalajara, Region 6 - Leon, Region 7 - Vera >>Cruz and Puebla, Region 8 -
Cancun and Cozumel, Region 9 - Mexico City), Puerto Rico, South Korea

"Carl" <cjh3@email.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if NA Choice works in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach Ensenada
area
> ? The map seems to only show the sites as around central Mexico.
> Thanks,
> Carl

jeff

"Carl" <cjh3@email.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if NA Choice works in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach Ensenada
area
> ? The map seems to only show the sites as around central Mexico.
> Thanks,
> Carl

Where is the North America's Choice plan on the Verizon Wireless website?
All I seem to be able to find is the US plans and the really really far away
international traveler plans. I can't find the one for Canada and Mexico
roaming included.

-Jeff

Steven J Sobol wrote:
> Carl <cjh3@email.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if NA Choice works in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach Ensenada
>> area ? The map seems to only show the sites as around central Mexico.
>> Thanks,
>> Carl
>
> In Tijuana you may be able to pick up a signal from the San Diego network.

In San Diego, Nextel has a reputation for the best coverage in Mexico from
U.S. towers. They also may have a better two-country plan than VZW has.
I've tried using my Verizon phone in Tijuana. The San Diego signal is
strong in places very near the border, but Mexican signals are stronger and
cause calls to drop regularly. I still have problems with Mexican signals
at home eighteen miles away because I live on a hill and can see Tijuana
from my back yard on a clear day. Dropped calls are rare while seated on
the north side of the house because the edge of the terrace keeps the phone
from seeing Tijuana. They are fairly common in other parts of the house,
especially when moving about.