what version of windows office come with? and is it a trial version?

If you purchased a new computer then there is a good chance that there is
Office on it and yes it is probably a trial version and will run out in 90
days, it is probably Office 2003

--
Haus
Live your life so that whenever you lose, you are ahead.

"handyatfun" <handyatfun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what version of windows office come with? and is it a trial version?

Hi,

Office does not come with any version of Windows, though manufacturers
frequently bundle them together on preinstalled machines.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"handyatfun" <handyatfun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what version of windows office come with? and is it a trial version?

Greetings --

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
must be purchased and installed separately.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"handyatfun" <handyatfun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what version of windows office come with? and is it a trial version?

Haus

Where did you get this misinformation from?

--

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Haus" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
> If you purchased a new computer then there is a good chance that there is
> Office on it and yes it is probably a trial version and will run out in 90
> days, it is probably Office 2003
>
> --
> Haus
> Live your life so that whenever you lose, you are ahead.
> (Will Rogers)
>

> "handyatfun" <handyatfun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > what version of windows office come with? and is it a trial version?

I think maybe you should do some investigating.
A friend ordered a custom built Compaq and it come with a 3 month trial
version of Office 2003
I searched the website couldn't find it anywhere so I guess you can call
1-888-999-4747
and ask or if you are content with not knowing that is fine also.

--
Good Day
Haus

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 08:26:53 -0500, Haus wrote:

> A friend ordered a custom built Compaq and it come with a 3 month trial
> version of Office 2003

I've seen the trial versions of Office programs being offered on OEM
systems as well. Must be something new as I've not seen this in the past -
pre-Office11. If I remember correctly, the Dell configuration pages show
that description for some of their software packs.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Greetings --

But friends don't let friends buy Compaqs. ;-}

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

> I think maybe you should do some investigating.
> A friend ordered a custom built Compaq and it come with a 3 month
trial
> version of Office 2003
> I searched the website couldn't find it anywhere so I guess you can
call
> 1-888-999-4747
> and ask or if you are content with not knowing that is fine also.
>
> --
> Good Day
> Haus

But friends don't let friends buy Compaqs. ;-}

That is a good point, but the price was right, a lot cheaper then I could
build one like it.
The main problem with the new factory built puters are they have so much
trash in the OEM software.
It seems to being a good job, runs great maybe things are better.
I think we will probably end up doing a clean install with a retail version.
It seems as all the programs are intangled together you stop some junk from
running and it seems to end up stopping something else from running that you
want.