Advanced Options on Search for Files/Folders

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

How do you get the Search page for Files/Folders to always open
with "Advanced Options" checked by default?

Have already tried -- without success -- this fix given in
Kellys-Korner http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
["Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)"]

Thanks,

George

P.S. Pls. reply in ng; e-mail address invalid.
6 answers Last reply
More about advanced options search files folders
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    I use this all the time. Thanks Kelly! ;-)

    Go here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm

    Scroll down to:
    Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)

    You'll need to download searchadvancedoptions.vbs

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:e2HZWf%23dEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:
    > How do you get the Search page for Files/Folders to always open
    > with "Advanced Options" checked by default?
    >
    > Have already tried -- without success -- this fix given in
    > Kellys-Korner http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    > ["Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)"]
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > George
    >
    > P.S. Pls. reply in ng; e-mail address invalid.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Wes, thanks for the prompt response, but as mentioned in the
    original post, I already tried Kelly's fix without success, that
    is, the vbs file followed by the reg file. Any other pointers,
    ideas, will be appreciated.

    Regards,
    George

    > I use this all the time. Thanks Kelly! ;-)
    >
    > Go here:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    >
    > Scroll down to:
    > Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)
    >
    > You'll need to download searchadvancedoptions.vbs
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:e2HZWf%23dEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:
    > > How do you get the Search page for Files/Folders to always
    open
    > > with "Advanced Options" checked by default?
    > >
    > > Have already tried -- without success -- this fix given in
    > > Kellys-Korner http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    > > ["Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)"]
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > George
    > >
    > > P.S. Pls. reply in ng; e-mail address invalid.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Yes, I think you forgot one reg file. You need two.
    You also need searchactive.reg, this is the one that sets all the advanced
    search options.

    Try this...
    If Windows is on the C drive...

    Download and place searchadvancedoptions.vbs here:
    C:\WINDOWS\searchadvancedoptions.vbs

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchadvancedoptions.vbs

    Create a shortcut to C:\WINDOWS\searchadvancedoptions.vbs (I have mine on my
    Start Menu) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\ADVANCED SEARCH

    Download and double click: searchstartmenu.reg
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchstartmenu.reg

    Download and double click: searchactive.reg
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchactive.reg

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:e9dZS0%23dEHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:
    > Wes, thanks for the prompt response, but as mentioned in the
    > original post, I already tried Kelly's fix without success, that
    > is, the vbs file followed by the reg file. Any other pointers,
    > ideas, will be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    > George

    >> I use this all the time. Thanks Kelly! ;-)
    >>
    >> Go here:
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    >>
    >> Scroll down to:
    >> Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)
    >>
    >> You'll need to download searchadvancedoptions.vbs
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:e2HZWf%23dEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >> George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:
    >>> How do you get the Search page for Files/Folders to always open
    >>> with "Advanced Options" checked by default?
    >>>
    >>> Have already tried -- without success -- this fix given in
    >>> Kellys-Korner http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    >>> ["Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)"]
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> George
    >>>
    >>> P.S. Pls. reply in ng; e-mail address invalid.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Thanks, Wes, that second reg file was the key. Works like a charm
    now. In fact, I edited that second reg file a bit, giving
    CaseSensitive a 0 value so I don't have to worry about upper or
    lower case when doing a file search.

    Thanks again for sticking with this!

    Regards,
    George

    > Yes, I think you forgot one reg file. You need two.
    > You also need searchactive.reg, this is the one that sets all
    the advanced
    > search options.
    >
    > Try this...
    > If Windows is on the C drive...
    >
    > Download and place searchadvancedoptions.vbs here:
    > C:\WINDOWS\searchadvancedoptions.vbs

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchadvancedoptions.vbs

    > Create a shortcut to C:\WINDOWS\searchadvancedoptions.vbs (I
    have mine on my
    > Start Menu) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
    Menu\ADVANCED SEARCH

    > Download and double click: searchstartmenu.reg
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchstartmenu.reg
    >
    > Download and double click: searchactive.reg
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchactive.reg
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:e9dZS0%23dEHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    > George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:
    > > Wes, thanks for the prompt response, but as mentioned in the
    > > original post, I already tried Kelly's fix without success,
    that
    > > is, the vbs file followed by the reg file. Any other
    pointers,
    > > ideas, will be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > George
    > >

    > > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >> I use this all the time. Thanks Kelly! ;-)
    > >>
    > >> Go here:
    > >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    > >>
    > >> Scroll down to:
    > >> Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)
    > >>
    > >> You'll need to download searchadvancedoptions.vbs
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >> Wes
    > >>
    > >> In news:e2HZWf%23dEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > >> George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    George,

    You're welcome.

    Although I didn't read your fist post correctly. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:OPEGPFAeEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks, Wes, that second reg file was the key. Works like a charm
    > now. In fact, I edited that second reg file a bit, giving
    > CaseSensitive a 0 value so I don't have to worry about upper or
    > lower case when doing a file search.
    >
    > Thanks again for sticking with this!
    >
    > Regards,
    > George

    >> Yes, I think you forgot one reg file. You need two.
    >> You also need searchactive.reg, this is the one that sets all the
    >>
    >> Try this...
    >> If Windows is on the C drive...
    >>
    >> Download and place searchadvancedoptions.vbs here:
    >> C:\WINDOWS\searchadvancedoptions.vbs
    >>

    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchadvancedoptions.vbs
    >>
    >> Create a shortcut to C:\WINDOWS\searchadvancedoptions.vbs (I have
    >> mine on my Start Menu) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
    >> Menu\ADVANCED SEARCH
    >>
    >> Download and double click: searchstartmenu.reg
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchstartmenu.reg
    >>
    >> Download and double click: searchactive.reg
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/searchactive.reg
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:e9dZS0%23dEHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    >> George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Wes, thanks for the prompt response, but as mentioned in the
    >>> original post, I already tried Kelly's fix without success, that
    >>> is, the vbs file followed by the reg file. Any other pointers,
    >>> ideas, will be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> George

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Most welcome, Wes. :o)

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    >I use this all the time. Thanks Kelly! ;-)
    >
    > Go here:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    >
    > Scroll down to:
    > Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)
    >
    > You'll need to download searchadvancedoptions.vbs
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:e2HZWf%23dEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > George <null@null.51> hunted and pecked:
    >> How do you get the Search page for Files/Folders to always open
    >> with "Advanced Options" checked by default?
    >>
    >> Have already tried -- without success -- this fix given in
    >> Kellys-Korner http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
    >> ["Search - Advanced Options (Set as Default)"]
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> George
    >>
    >> P.S. Pls. reply in ng; e-mail address invalid.

Default Support Microsoft Windows XP