Service manual for DJ 842C?

Anybody here happen to have a service manual for a Deskjet 842C? I need to
tear one apart for a thorough cleaning to see if I can get it to behave.
Currently, it likes to move the print head to the far left and far right,
blink the lights from bottom to top, pause for a cigarette and do it all
over again. I'm thinking there's a big ol' goober in there somewhere.

I've managed to get it to print an alignment page and a cleaning page, but
that's about it.

A service manual would be helpful - I've tried opening it up, but it seems
to be clipped together in some order I have yet to discover.

Big goobers and other malfunctions are often cause to replace. Somebody on the
web somewhere may sell DeskJet service manuals, but I doubt it. You can get all
the service manuals you want for more expensive LaserJets and DesignJets.
DeskJets are becoming throwaways, except maybe for the expensive "Professional"
models... Ben Myers

> Big goobers and other malfunctions are often cause to replace. Somebody
on the
> web somewhere may sell DeskJet service manuals, but I doubt it. You can
get all
> the service manuals you want for more expensive LaserJets and DesignJets.
> DeskJets are becoming throwaways, except maybe for the expensive
"Professional"
> models... Ben Myers

True, at $150 and less a pop, most every home market printer (and a fair
amount of business market printers) is a disposable commodity. However, I'd
still like to get the case open and look around.

All I've found for accessible screws are two Torx, both located at the top
and situated on either side of the lift-up door. From there, it looks like
the end pieces look like they should pull up but, like I said, the thing is
clipped together better than a Chinese puzzle box.

Other than using a 10-pound hammer, do you have any ideas on how the case
disassembles?