problems in Westchester, NY?

For the first time since I've had VZW service, I'm frequently unable
to place calls in northern Westchester county in NY, from Mt. Kisco,
for example. I find that after dialing a number, my phone stays in
the "calling" state for over a minute, only eventually completing the
call.

Is this a network problem? Is anyone else having trouble?

Thanks.

-Joel

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <joel@exc.com> wrote in message
> For the first time since I've had VZW service, I'm frequently unable
> to place calls in northern Westchester county in NY, from Mt. Kisco,
> for example. I find that after dialing a number, my phone stays in
> the "calling" state for over a minute, only eventually completing the
> call.
>
> Is this a network problem? Is anyone else having trouble?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Joel

I sometimes get that in Upstate NY (Albany) I find it is easier to simply
end the try of the call and hit send again. It would bother me if it
happened 8 out of 10 times and used up plan minutes. Then it would be time
to go and have it looked at.

Elector

>For the first time since I've had VZW service, I'm frequently unable
>to place calls in northern Westchester county in NY, from Mt. Kisco,
>for example. I find that after dialing a number, my phone stays in
>the "calling" state for over a minute, only eventually completing the
>call.
>
>Is this a network problem? Is anyone else having trouble?

My third call to VZW yielded the information that this is indeed a
network problem in Mt. Kisco, and they are working on it....