Soyo Dragon Ultra LAN problems

biga

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2002
For some reason the onboard LAN stopped working, I can't get on the network or even the internet. All I would get is a message in WinXP that a network cable was disconnected. I am positive it wasn't the cable, I tested my computer with one that works fine on my laptop. The lights on the LAN nor my router were on, but in device manager it said the network adapter was working fine. I just went out and bought a PCI network adapter and it works fine with the exact same settings as the onboard one. What is the deal and has anyone else had this problem?

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I have a soyo dragon as well. In the bios menu look for the setting for onchip lan. Make sure that it is enabled. If that isn't it, go to the soyo website and download the latest driver for the Lan chip.

GO BillS!!!

biga

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2002
Wow, I installed the drivers from the soyo website and it works now. I guess for some reason the drivers on the soyo disk that came with the motherboard weren't what I needed to fix my problem. I feel dumb now cause I thought I had tried everything hehe, thx for the help though, it works finally.