Wireless Mouse in Safe mode?

Hello........

Can I presume that a wireless mouse (PS/2) will NOT work in safemode as the
driver for this mouse does not load by default?

Or, to put it another way, only a wired mouse works when one boots up in
safemode?

TIA

--
David Nimon
dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

When I boot with Partition Magic or Ghost floppies
my wireless Logitech mouse works, but is very sensitive.
It's usable though.
Gene

David Nimon wrote:
> Hello........
>
> Can I presume that a wireless mouse (PS/2) will NOT work in safemode
> as the driver for this mouse does not load by default?
>
> Or, to put it another way, only a wired mouse works when one boots up
> in safemode?
>
> TIA

A cordless mouse works perfectly in safe mode (using an MX700 here).
lose his marbles?

It may depend on the mouse. But windows will always recognise a microsoft mouse (or compatable) plugged into the PS/2 port, and should also recognise a serial mouse. Not all mouses (usually very cheap ones) can work with the builtin drivers. Likewise some mouses have compat modes (still cheap ones) where you hold down left and right mouse button at boot or a switch on the bottom. See the mouse manual (usually a 2" by 2" square piece of paper with microscopic text).

To your computer it isn't a wireless mouse just a normal one.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html