Disabling Windows Messenger

I don't use it. How can I disable? I tried doing it
through Outlook Express/ tool/ options but it didn't
work.
1 answer Last reply
More about disabling windows messenger

    To disable "Windows Messenger":

    Open "Windows Messenger" and from the Toolbar select
    Tools > Options > Preferences and uncheck:

    "Run this program when Windows starts" and
    "Allow this program to run in the background", then
    click OK.

    Next, open Outlook Express and from the Toolbar select
    Tools > Options and under the General tab uncheck
    "Automatically log on to Windows Messenger" and click
    APPLY.

    Alternatives:

    Prevent Windows Messenger from automatically running
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_messenger_autorun.htm

    or

    Remove Windows Messenger
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Ellen D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    |I don't use it. How can I disable? I tried doing it
    | through Outlook Express/ tool/ options but it didn't
    | work.

Outlook Express Messenger Microsoft Windows XP