HD PARTITIONS!!

1.Is there any other tool available to create HD
partitions except fdisk?? Where can I get them for free(if
any free downloads available)???
2.Can fdisk partitions be used to run win-XP???
3.how to format disk drives after partitioning the HD
without using the OS setup???
4.Please give some links for free download of backup
tool/program to be used on ME or XP...
5.how to use such a backup tool???

Please reply to all 5 questions... Regards, Rahul...

The only way you can create, delete, resize or merge existing partitions,
and not harm your existing Windows installation, is to purchase and use
a third-party partitioning program such as Partition Magic 8.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

The alternative is to perform a "clean install" of Windows XP:

How to Partition and Format a Hard Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313348&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316941&Product=winxp

Clean Install Windows XP