Changing User Profile Name

How can I change the user profile name on WinXP? This
isn't the user account name (or Full Name) that's changed
through Control Panel. I need to change the original
profile name that only appears under Computer Management
> System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users: Name.

Thanks for the help.
Jacob
1 answer Last reply
More about changing user profile name

    Hi Jacob,

    Create a new account with the preferred name, then copy over your existing
    profile to it. Once created, you can't change the actual account username,
    just the name that appears.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jacob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I change the user profile name on WinXP? This
    > isn't the user account name (or Full Name) that's changed
    > through Control Panel. I need to change the original
    > profile name that only appears under Computer Management
    > > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users: Name.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    > Jacob

Microsoft Windows XP