Changing User Profile Name

August 2, 2004 6:15:37 PM

How can I change the user profile name on WinXP? This
isn't the user account name (or Full Name) that's changed
through Control Panel. I need to change the original
profile name that only appears under Computer Management
> System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users: Name.

Thanks for the help.
Jacob

More about : changing user profile

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:00:03 AM

Hi Jacob,

Create a new account with the preferred name, then copy over your existing
profile to it. Once created, you can't change the actual account username,
just the name that appears.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/