Sign in with
Your question

Windows 8 upgrade

Last response: in Windows 8
October 10, 2012 7:24:11 PM

Several months ago I heard that MS was offering upgrades to Windows 8 for $40 until 12/21/12. Now all I find is upgrade to Windows 8 for $14.99 if you buy a new PC with Windows 7 PRE-INSTALLED. What happened to the old offer? Link?

i have a home build PC with Windows 7 full (not OEM).

More about : windows upgrade

Related resources
a c 204 $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
October 10, 2012 8:06:09 PM

It sound like is for pre-build as it ask for a brand/model. But, since you build your home build already, it doesn't hurt to try.
m
l
October 10, 2012 8:18:33 PM

I've got OEM Windows 7 from a university, so I'll probably try to do the Windows 8 for $15. I wonder, could I tell it to upgrade my Acer with Windows 7 and then just let that keep it's windows 7 and use the Windows 8 on my homebuilt? Or will it ask for the corresponding product-key on the Acer?

Not sure I'll be bothering with Windows 8 unless I can get it for 15 bucks... Maybe I can have a friend get it from school for $16 or so and just tell me the key...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2012 9:07:25 PM

According to the info :

Quote:
Each upgrade license will apply to only one PC and may only be installed on PCs with a valid base license to a qualifying operating system (i.e., Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7 )

While the offer will be limited to eligible customers who purchase a qualified PC, the upgrade may be installed on any compatible Windows-based PC with a qualifying operating system

So the installation can be used for any upgrade including a different system from the one that was purchased to qualify for the upgrade purchase as long as the other system already has XP SP3, Vista, or Win 7 !
m
l
October 18, 2012 5:19:12 PM

Has the original offer for upgrade of XP through Win 7 for $39.99 been revoked?
m
l
October 18, 2012 8:01:53 PM

Meganano said:
Has the original offer for upgrade of XP through Win 7 for $39.99 been revoked?

I was wondering the same thing. Not trying to hijack the thread, but I was going to do the 40 dollar upgrade and now I can't find it?
m
l
!