OK. I am kinda chhezed.

There I was, playing my Skellimancer, working my way through Act I Normal.

Get to the Countess mission, and drive my bony minions forward.[1] Making
my way through the levels with no real problem. Moving slow, because what I
have read says that she is pretty tough.

I enter one room, shortly (1 minute maybe, after my skeletons. (A few too
many monsters near the door) and find a whole load of treasure spamming the
screen as soon as I hit ALT. What the?? I didn't even see her!!

PHOOEY!!

On the plus side, she dropped two runes (that I can't use until I hit 17)
and I have now got a bunch of cool stuff for my barbarian. [2]

[1] Am I the only one that would like a basic interface that tells your
summoned creatures where to go? Instead, they bounce around like a puppy
that has been mainlining cappucinos.

[2] I am debating whether or not to mule the stuff over to my barbarian.
Starting out with a bunch of cool gear sounds nice, but I also like the
idea of making my way through on stuff he has managed to discover on his
own.

--
Marcel

On 24 Jan 2005 15:09:08 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
<mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote:

>OK. I am kinda chhezed.
>
>There I was, playing my Skellimancer, working my way through Act I Normal.
>
>Get to the Countess mission, and drive my bony minions forward.[1] Making
>my way through the levels with no real problem. Moving slow, because what I
>have read says that she is pretty tough.

Pretty much only in NM, for melee characters, due to the FE bug. If
you've been building your skellimancer right (working toward maxing
skellies and skelly mastery), she *should* be this easy.

>I enter one room, shortly (1 minute maybe, after my skeletons. (A few too
>many monsters near the door) and find a whole load of treasure spamming the
>screen as soon as I hit ALT. What the?? I didn't even see her!!
>
>PHOOEY!!
>
>On the plus side, she dropped two runes (that I can't use until I hit 17)
>and I have now got a bunch of cool stuff for my barbarian. [2]
>
>[1] Am I the only one that would like a basic interface that tells your
>summoned creatures where to go? Instead, they bounce around like a puppy
>that has been mainlining cappucinos.

Nah, it sure would be nice. I'm almost always trying to follow the
right-hand wall (with certain exceptions), but almost always have to
detour when I'm playing my Necros, the summons certainly *do* have a
mind of their own ;-)

>[2] I am debating whether or not to mule the stuff over to my barbarian.
>Starting out with a bunch of cool gear sounds nice, but I also like the
>idea of making my way through on stuff he has managed to discover on his
>own.
>
>--
>Marcel

*My* deciding factor on this would be if you're playing SP or MP. My
MP characters (almost) always mule and share stuff, as well as
accepting *much* better stuff from other players, my SP characters
(almost) all play pure.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16