Changing User Profile Name

How can I change the user profile name on WinXP? This
isn't the user account name (or Full Name) that's changed
through Control Panel. I need to change the original
profile name that only appears under Computer Management
> System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users: Name.

Thanks for the help.
Jacob
1 answer Last reply
More about changing user profile name

    Greetings --

    The C:\Documents and Settings\Username folders _cannot_ be
    renamed, even if the associated user account has been. So, your best
    course of action would be to log on using the built-in Administrator
    account, create a new user account, with the username desired. You
    can then delete the old user account(s).

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "Jacob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I change the user profile name on WinXP? This
    > isn't the user account name (or Full Name) that's changed
    > through Control Panel. I need to change the original
    > profile name that only appears under Computer Management
    > > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users: Name.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    > Jacob

Microsoft Windows XP