Changing User Profile Name

August 2, 2004 6:15:29 PM

How can I change the user profile name on WinXP? This
isn't the user account name (or Full Name) that's changed
through Control Panel. I need to change the original
profile name that only appears under Computer Management
> System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users: Name.

Thanks for the help.
Jacob

More about : changing user profile

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:02:06 AM

Greetings --

The C:\Documents and Settings\Username folders _cannot_ be
renamed, even if the associated user account has been. So, your best
course of action would be to log on using the built-in Administrator
account, create a new user account, with the username desired. You
can then delete the old user account(s).

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm