elpierco

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002
Ok I am putting together a system for a friend: I am using a Soyo KT333 Platinum and an AMD Duron 1.2GHz processor. We found a tight case that bosted a 400Watt power supply...so first mobo and processor we couldnt get the cpu to post or even make any beeps. Took the board out of the case tried again nothing no signals. So I tried the duron in my Soyo SY-K7V board and got the same result. So bad processor, but I went ahead and tried my Athlon XP 1800+ in the new mobo and nothing. So I thought bad mobo too. So I told my friend to order another processor and mobo (all these parts are from newegg). Today I go over put everything in and the same thing except I think I here two clicks also the power LED never turns on. I tested another mobo in the case and got the LED to come on so any ideas I am thinking now it has to be a bad power supply!!! The specs on the one that came with the case are: Deer Tech. +3.3 24A, +5 35A, +12 12A, -12 .8A, -5 .5A, Combined 3.3 and 5 190Watts. Props to anyone who can figure this one out!!!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i assume you had ram and a video card in it too. i would blame the psu, deer is the worst psu you can get.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal