Sign in with
Your question

VIA, XP, nVidia help

Last response: in Motherboards
September 19, 2002 2:14:41 AM

I recently purchased Ghost Recon. I could not get it to run after installing. Windows XP help stated after reporting the problem that I had to re-install the software. I tried that 4 times, didn't work. I exchanged the game for a new one, I figured bad disk. Same results. Looking at ubi soft's web site, Seems that nVidia GF4 cards, Windows XP, and VIA chipsets have some issues. I currently have XP, a Gigabyte 7vrxp v2.0, and a Gainward Ultra 650 TV (GF4 Ti4200). I've tried installing old drivers, re-installing new drivers, and other stuff - but nothing worked. I printed the notes from ubi soft and I was able to return the game. The game box states XP compatable. Also, when I run the Direct X diagnotics, Direct X 7.0 passes the 3d test, but when testing the Direct X 8.1 3d feature, there is an error. Are these problems inter-related? It there a cure, or work-around? I'm not a big gamer, but I'd like to play some. Can anyone help?

More about : nvidia

a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2002 2:53:41 AM

According to over 50% of the members of this forum, such problems never exist on VIA chipsets, as VIA is perfect, a chipset god that is worth all worship. But I doubt any will answer this problem. Someone else undoubtedly will, it always takes me too much time to figure it out.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
Related resources
!