After clicking on a link to try to view pictures on a website, it did not
take me to the link I wanted to go. Rather, it displayed "Your session has
timed out." I have tried and re-tried to go to the desired link, and
sometimes it works, but sooner or later I get the same message.

I just got this laptop, and I noticed that on my regular computer (that uses
windows 98? I don't know if that has anything to do with it) the websites
show up just fine, and I never encountered a timeout message on the
computer.

What's happening?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

you mite need a virus scaner thats updated & working to fix this.
if you can get to the above link, start there 1st.
then if things go south from there, come back

wrote in news:%23$nOYHQeEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
> After clicking on a link to try to view pictures on a website, it did
> not take me to the link I wanted to go. Rather, it displayed "Your
> session has timed out." I have tried and re-tried to go to the
> desired link, and sometimes it works, but sooner or later I get the
> same message.
>
> I just got this laptop, and I noticed that on my regular computer
> (that uses windows 98? I don't know if that has anything to do with
> it) the websites show up just fine, and I never encountered a timeout
> message on the computer.
>
> What's happening?
> Thanks in advance,
> Paul

HTTP 1.1 is used for persistent connections. If you don't support HTTP
1.1, the web site might allow HTTP 1.0 connects (which are not
persistent). Check the advanced options for your browser to see if HTTP
1.1 is enabled; if so, try disabling it. However, that means the site
to which you are connecting prefers persistent connections.

You might try to delete any cookies for that site.

Also check your computer's clock, including timezone and daylight
savings. If you are making SSL connects and the time is off (I think a
hour will do it) then it may think you connection is old and expires it.
Check if SSL 3.0 is enabled.

Could be the web site is logging you off (see
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315584), so it could be a screw up on
their end or how you are using their site. I'm no web designer but if
you provided a URL to the site where you are having the difficulties
then maybe someone else could look at the page code to determine why the
expiration is happening.

(E-mail: domain = ".com", add "=NEWS=" to Subject)