Error logging in to XP

I have during installation of XP created 4 accounts without passwords. When
restarting I tried to login but get an errormessage saying something like
this (translated from Swedish): The domain does not exist or cannot be
accessed. it dosen't help to login as an administrator, same errormessage.
Please help me.
Jorgen

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

wrote in news:uz02o4UeEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
> I have during installation of XP created 4 accounts without
> passwords. When restarting I tried to login but get an errormessage
> saying something like this (translated from Swedish): The domain does
> not exist or cannot be accessed. it dosen't help to login as an
> administrator, same errormessage. Please help me.
> Jorgen

When you are connected to a domain, there are 2 ways to login: locally
and on the domain. It sounds like you are trying to login on the
domain. You probably do not have administrator rights to login on the
domain (i.e., you are not the domain admin). You have to logon locally.
In the domain/hostname list (bottom select box) in the login screen,
pick the hostname that was assigned to your host (it has "(this
computer)" appended) to login locally as Administrator. It is highly
unlikely that the domain admin created any accounts with blank
passwords.

Are you on a domain (and configured your host to join it)? Do you get
the new "friendly" Fisher-Price "Welcome" login screen or the simpler
classic login screen? The friendly Welcome screen only appears for a
standalone host or when logging into a workgroup and the classic login
screen still gets used when logging onto a domain (see
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303594). If you are logging onto a
domain and very foolishly not using passwords then maybe the PDC and BDC
are down or unreachable so there's nothing that will authenticate your
domain login.

(E-mail: domain = ".com", add "=NEWS=" to Subject)