800 MHz verses 1900 MHz maps

jeff

Does anybody have any good maps of where Verizon has 1900 MHz service verses
their 800 MHz service? I'm looking for something similar to the national AC
plan map, except with the 1900mhz-only areas removed.

Thanks,
Jeff

Verizon has 1900 MHz service overlays (with their 800 Mhz areas) in
several places. However, they have 1900 Mhz PCS only areas in the
following:

Milwaukee, WI area
Florida (almost the entire state)
Mississippi/Alabama Gulf Coast (Bilioxi, MS/Mobile, AL)
Houston, TX area
Myrtle Beach, SC area (new!)

I think there may be one or two other areas, but these are the ones I
remember off the top of my head.

Dave

On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:09:40 -0400, "jeff" <jeff_philNOSPAM@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Does anybody have any good maps of where Verizon has 1900 MHz service verses
>their 800 MHz service? I'm looking for something similar to the national AC
>plan map, except with the 1900mhz-only areas removed.
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff

Rich

Diamond Dave wrote:
> Verizon has 1900 MHz service overlays (with their 800 Mhz areas) in
> several places. However, they have 1900 Mhz PCS only areas in the
> following:
>
> Milwaukee, WI area
> Florida (almost the entire state)
> Mississippi/Alabama Gulf Coast (Bilioxi, MS/Mobile, AL)
> Houston, TX area
> Myrtle Beach, SC area (new!)
>
> I think there may be one or two other areas, but these are the ones I
> remember off the top of my head.
>
> Dave
>

> On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:09:40 -0400, "jeff" <jeff_philNOSPAM@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Does anybody have any good maps of where Verizon has 1900 MHz service verses
>>their 800 MHz service? I'm looking for something similar to the national AC
>>plan map, except with the 1900mhz-only areas removed.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Jeff

Verizon's Prepay map has a list that indicates the PCS areas (indicated
by a S by the name)
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/cardprepaypopup.jsp?item=prepayItem&prepayCategoryId=0

They used to indicate it on the map, but they don't anymore.

Rich

Actually, isn't Houston the only 800MHz area in Texas, the rest being
ex-PrimeCo aka 1900MHz?

Jason Reuschlein

"Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Verizon has 1900 MHz service overlays (with their 800 Mhz areas) in
> several places. However, they have 1900 Mhz PCS only areas in the
> following:
>
> Milwaukee, WI area
> Florida (almost the entire state)
> Mississippi/Alabama Gulf Coast (Bilioxi, MS/Mobile, AL)
> Houston, TX area
> Myrtle Beach, SC area (new!)
>
> I think there may be one or two other areas, but these are the ones I
> remember off the top of my head.
>
> Dave
>

> On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:09:40 -0400, "jeff" <jeff_philNOSPAM@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Does anybody have any good maps of where Verizon has 1900 MHz service
>>verses
>>their 800 MHz service? I'm looking for something similar to the national
>>AC
>>plan map, except with the 1900mhz-only areas removed.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Jeff

On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:52:45 -0400, Diamond Dave
<dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Milwaukee, WI area
>Florida (almost the entire state)
>Mississippi/Alabama Gulf Coast (Bilioxi, MS/Mobile, AL)
>Houston, TX area
>Myrtle Beach, SC area (new!)

My list of VZW 1900-only areas:

- Florida, except for Bay County (Panama City) -- where I think VZW
may be running CDMA at only 1900, despite having both 850 and 1900
licenses, to match the rest of the state. I've been meaning to get
down there sometime, but buying a house (I close in about nine
hours) has kept me way too busy and a bit cash-poor... ;)
- the Mobile, AL area (by far the worst VZW market coverage-wise, IMO)
- the MS Gulf Coast, as well as the Oxford and Grenada areas in
northern MS
- Louisiana
- Texas, except for the Houston and El Paso areas
- Oklahoma (that little bit where VZW has native coverage)
- Wisconsin
- Myrtle Beach/Georgetown, SC
- Leavenworth County, KS
- Litchfield County, CT
- Zanesville, OH
- Little Rock and other areas in Arkansas (under construction)
(doesn't include West Memphis/Crittenden County, which is part of
the Memphis MSA and is 850)
- Richmond/Berea, KY (under construction?)
- I-5 corridor in Oregon south of Eugene -- Roseburg, etc. (still
under construction?)
- Areas in Washington state west of Spokane (in Inland Cellular's
license area) (under construction?)

Macon, GA used to be 1900-only for VZW, but since VZW acquired Price
and the ex-Price areas in GA/AL have been converted to CDMA it's now
an 850 market.

-SC
--
Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might

On Thu, 13 May 2004 03:18:16 GMT, "Jason Reuschlein" <jayr@msn.com>
wrote:

>Actually, isn't Houston the only 800MHz area in Texas, the rest being
>ex-PrimeCo aka 1900MHz?

Houston/Beaumont/etc. and El Paso = 850
Everywhere else = 1900

-SC
--
Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might
be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune

Thanks for the correction. Forgot that New Orleans is the same SID as
the MS/AL coast (SID 4160).

And of course the Houston area I had completely backwards (800 vs
1900).

Leave it up to Stan, he knows his cell stuff!

Dave

On Thu, 13 May 2004 05:03:49 GMT, Stanley Cline <sc1-news@roamer1.org>
wrote:

>My list of VZW 1900-only areas:
>
>- Florida, except for Bay County (Panama City) -- where I think VZW
> may be running CDMA at only 1900, despite having both 850 and 1900
> licenses, to match the rest of the state. I've been meaning to get
> down there sometime, but buying a house (I close in about nine
> hours) has kept me way too busy and a bit cash-poor... ;)
>- the Mobile, AL area (by far the worst VZW market coverage-wise, IMO)
>- the MS Gulf Coast, as well as the Oxford and Grenada areas in
> northern MS
>- Louisiana
>- Texas, except for the Houston and El Paso areas
>- Oklahoma (that little bit where VZW has native coverage)
>- Wisconsin
>- Myrtle Beach/Georgetown, SC
>- Leavenworth County, KS
>- Litchfield County, CT
>- Zanesville, OH
>- Little Rock and other areas in Arkansas (under construction)
> (doesn't include West Memphis/Crittenden County, which is part of
> the Memphis MSA and is 850)
>- Richmond/Berea, KY (under construction?)
>- I-5 corridor in Oregon south of Eugene -- Roseburg, etc. (still
> under construction?)
>- Areas in Washington state west of Spokane (in Inland Cellular's
> license area) (under construction?)
>
>Macon, GA used to be 1900-only for VZW, but since VZW acquired Price
>and the ex-Price areas in GA/AL have been converted to CDMA it's now
>an 850 market.
>
>-SC

Does anyone know if VZW actually has any towers in service in
Zanesville (Muskingum County) Ohio? If so what SID are they using?
Adjoining 800 MHz VZW territory uses SID 21. VZW and Alltel customers
have been using Sprint, which was the sole CDMA carrier in Muskingum
County.

royc

On 13 May 2004 19:26:33 -0700, clouston@sprynet.com (royc) wrote:

>Does anyone know if VZW actually has any towers in service in
>Zanesville (Muskingum County) Ohio? If so what SID are they using?

SID is 6228. I'm not 100% sure VZW has 1900 up there yet, but I have
heard that "fixing" that area is a high priority for VZW (so that
there's no one-county gap between VZW and ALLTEL coverage.)

-SC
--
Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might
be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune

Stanley Cline <sc1-news@roamer1.org> wrote in message news:<bgv5a0pdn2p0jmocrqd4inbpv578glpf21@4ax.com>...
>I've been meaning to get
> down there sometime, but buying a house (I close in about nine
> hours) has kept me way too busy and a bit cash-poor... ;)

Stanley,
Congradulations! Good for you... Hoamer1 ? ;-)

-----
David

"jeff" <jeff_philNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<10a5eov9efntl69@corp.supernews.com>...
> Does anybody have any good maps of where Verizon has 1900 MHz service verses
> their 800 MHz service? I'm looking for something similar to the national AC
> plan map, except with the 1900mhz-only areas removed.

While perhaps not precisely what you are seeking, about a year ago XFF
& I produced maps detailing all PCS 1900 MHz licenses controlled by
VZW. For that reason, they are license maps, not coverage maps. And
a great many of the VZW PCS licenses overlie VZW Cellular licenses,
such that the PCS spectrum is used just for additional capacity.

http://www.wirelesswavelength.com
http://people.ku.edu/~cinema/wireless/vzw_pcs.html
http://people.ku.edu/~cinema/wireless/vzw_pcs_block.html

Stanley Cline has noted most of the markets where VZW possesses
exclusively PCS spectrum & is currently operating or constructing
CDMA1x 1900 networks. However, I would also add the following to the
list:

- Joplin, MO (BTA220)
- Odessa, MO (BTA226)
- Sedalia, MO (BTA414)
- Jefferson City, MO (BTA217)

Odessa & Sedalia both broadcast expansions of the Kansas City CMA SID
59. Joplin may also utilize the KC SID 59. Jeff City I suspect
mirrors the VZW St. Louis market SID 17.

Andrew
--
Andrew Shepherd
cinema@ku.edu