WinXP Users Accounts

XP set up user folders under Doc&Setting\username. When
user logged in under Domain, New userfolder setup as
\username.000. Can I merge accounts, or delete them?
1 answer Last reply
More about winxp users accounts

    "albertc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > XP set up user folders under Doc&Setting\username. When
    > user logged in under Domain, New userfolder setup as
    > \username.000. Can I merge accounts, or delete them?

    well, technically (manually) you probably could to a certain extent, but
    remember there is such a thing a 'the registry' and the user part of that
    registry is part of the user-profile settings in S&D and you will be
    challanged to merge those (I'm sure).
    Besides, there is a very good reason why this works the way it does.
    A user, let's say Joe, might have a domain account called Joe as well as a
    local account called Joe.
    As you have found, in both instances the system want to keep a record of the
    user profile settings and you can put money on the fact that those settings
    for the 'domain' situation are very different from the 'local' situation.
    Without making the distinction (in Joe and Joe.000) the system would really
    get it's P's and Q's mixed trying to cater for that.

    hth

    george

Microsoft Windows XP