caz

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2004

I am new to Windows XP. I am able to set the PC into standby mode. When I am ready to restart everything is frozen (mouse will not move position) any idea's ???

then click the screensaver tab then check the box that
says display welcome screen on resume. <<< tell me if it
works<<<Justin

Hi,

It means one or more of your device drivers is not properly supporting the
standby function. I would start by updating any drivers direct from the
manufacturer (do not rely on Windows Update for this).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Caz" <Caz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am new to Windows XP. I am able to set the PC into standby mode. When
I am ready to restart everything is frozen (mouse will not move position)
any idea's ???

TRENDING THREADS