Works spreadsheets

sharon

A spreadsheep file was deleted but still appears on file list. When I try to click on it to open and delete it I get a note saying that it does not exist. How do I delete it from the list if I can not open it.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Newsgroup for works is: microsoft.public.works.win

"Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A spreadsheep file was deleted but still appears on file list. When I try
to click on it to open and delete it I get a note saying that it does not
exist. How do I delete it from the list if I can not open it.

Should disappear from the list next time you switch off / back on

"Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A spreadsheep file was deleted but still appears on file list. When I try
>to click on it to open and delete it I get a note saying that it does not
>exist. How do I delete it from the list if I can not open it.

sharon

I did switch off/back on. It is still on the list.

"Sharon" <mapaj2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I did switch off/back on. It is still on the list.

Let's get a bit more specific. When you say 'list' do you mean the file list
from within your Works application when you click File/Open? Or the list of
all files in Windows Explorer? Or the list of programs/documents you get
when you click the Start button? Or something else?

sharon

When I go into the list of files and try to click on it I am told it does not
exist.

"John Rampling" wrote:

> "Sharon" <mapaj2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I did switch off/back on. It is still on the list.
> >

> Let's get a bit more specific. When you say 'list' do you mean the file list
> from within your Works application when you click File/Open? Or the list of
> all files in Windows Explorer? Or the list of programs/documents you get
> when you click the Start button? Or something else?

Gordon

> When I go into the list of files and try to click on it I am told it does
not
> exist.

You didn't answer the question. What "list"?

sharon

When I click on file and at bottom is a list of files. There is one I do not
want that is still there even though it is gone elsewhere in the computer. I
thought I had deleted it but I guess I didn't go about it the right way. The
file name is still in the list but when I click on it, I am told the it does
not exist.
Sharon

> When I click on file and at bottom is a list of files. There is one I do
> not
> want that is still there even though it is gone elsewhere in the computer.
> thought I had deleted it but I guess I didn't go about it the right way.
> The
> file name is still in the list but when I click on it, I am told the it
> does
> not exist.
> Sharon
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "Sharon" <mapaj2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > When I go into the list of files and try to click on it I am told it
>> > does
>> not
>> > exist.
>> >

>> You didn't answer the question. What "list"?

Don't panic - it will disappear with time and the more sheets that you do
open.