SMC 2635 Card and 7004 Router Dropping link

I am using an SMC 2635 laptop card to connect with a 7004 wireless router.
The link quality and signal strength is good (>95%) but the link seems to
randomly drop.

Any ideas of why? I don't think it's a proximity issue as it happens even
when the card has line of sight to the router.

Thanks,

Ian

"Ian Stock (remove the "antispam")" <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca> wrote
in message news:3t9Qc.34249$Vm1.707138@news20.bellglobal.com...
> I am using an SMC 2635 laptop card to connect with a 7004 wireless router.
> The link quality and signal strength is good (>95%) but the link seems to
> randomly drop.
>
> Any ideas of why? I don't think it's a proximity issue as it happens even
> when the card has line of sight to the router.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian

What OS are you using? I've had the same problem with Orinoco Gold cards
and Windows 98. XP has had no problem at all with the same hardware.
I haven't found an answer in all my Googling and searching except that XP is
just better at networking than 98.

AG