Best mobos for AT case!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I just bought three AT style BX boards, two were P2B-B revision 1.2 and one was a GA-6BA revision 3. Bought them AS IS and they all worked at voltages down to 1.5v. All three of them support coppermines up to 1GHz, all three support the IP3/T adapter for Tualatins up to 1.4GHz, and two of them will end up back on Ebay. The Gigabyte board even has four DIMM slots for 1GB of ram, and four PCI slots. The Asus boards only have three of each, but support bus speeds up to 150MHz. I'm golden.

Why did I buy them? I have this brand new AT case in my closet that's about the size of a VCR (a little taller), and this will make the perfect base for a home theater command center. I just have to figure out which one I'm keeping.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Are you sure the P2B-B is compatible with the IP3/T adapter? I read somewhere that they are not.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yep, I just tested it with one. I tested it with a P3 1000EB on both the Abit Slotket III and the Powerleap IPT/3. The original compatability issue you heard of was a BIOS issue on the regular P2B series (ATX) with multipliers over 10x. Compatability on this AT style board can be seen at <A HREF="http://www.quickbase.com/db/6v74ue7a?act=QuickSearch&srchtxt=P2B-B" target="_new">www.quickbase.com/db/6v74ue7a?act=QuickSearch&srchtxt=P2B-B</A>

The BIOS mentioned can be found at my site, [/url]www.crashman.dns2go.com[/url]

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>