Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Excited or Not?

Age of Conan Excited or Not?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont Really Care

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

ScareTactic

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
For the past few days i have been reading up on the upcoming MMORPG Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, and i have to say this game will destroy all other RPG's and MMO on the market today. Just imagine Oblivion but bigger better and multi player!

I must admit i am eagerly awaiting this games release in late October but whats your opinion on Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, are you excited to finally experience a MMORPG that doesn't center around tony graphics and repetitive quests or do you think its going to be a big let down?

For more information on Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures visit

http://www.ageofconan.com
OR
http://www.wikiaoc.com/Main_Page

Mad_Cow20

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
I have also been looking at this game…I am really excited about it! I don’t think I have played a good MMORPG since UO which was defiantly back in the day. I did play EQ 1 and WoW which I was not to impressed with and I currently just cancelled my subscription with Vanguard.

I do hope Conan is a good game and I have high hopes for it. I just wish that these games would get rid of the level system. I do not like the fact that I have to play with people who are within 5 levels of my current level. Makes the game very limited in who you can play with. If the game was based more off of how UO is or Oblivion as in skill based then I think that would make a better experience. I guess we will have to wait until October to see if this is just another MMORPG or if this is something that will actually change this genera.

thebusyrabbit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
I am excited about it but also a little reserved. I was really looking forward to Vanguard:SoH and was hugely let down. They really messed up that game IMO and I hope Age of Conan fairs better and is truly "finished" when it is released.

Mad_Cow20

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Agreed about Vangaurd. Would of been nice to have a finished product when it was released. I did invest a good amount of time in the game but it is just to simliar to every other MMORPG.

ScareTactic

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
I must agree totally with the reserved feeling about the game, but from reading reviews and developer notes the system seems to be one of a kind. The player made cities and the wonderful new combat system should get rid of that grinding feeling And the pvp system will hopefully get rid of that annoying end of game motion. Also after a review of the level system it seem there is a automatic leveling system for pvp which means the battle attendees will all be leveled together to an average level but the skills available at that level will not be usable until you have legitimately reach that level. It sounds a little confusing but the final product should be interesting.

However with all that said Star Wars galaxies had the same hype up and it bummed out bad. I have seen in game play of Age of Conan on a friends beta technical account and it defenetly has a new MMO look to it. I just hope it wont be another WoW. Dear god no!

G

Isn't this the game that will supposedly allow for the attacking and dismembering of specific body parts? That would be interesting!

ScareTactic

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
yeah there is a multi action attack hud as well as the new spell weave ability where a mage can link spells together to create ultimate incarnations.

ScareTactic

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
i have a friend who works in IT for EB games Australia and he is currently in the technical beta stage, has been for a few weeks now. I managed to see a few minutes of gameplay including the awesome pvp system and i have to admit its oblivion multiplayer! I applied for the beta stage as well but im not to keen on tranfering to Vista just yet and that is one of the requirements unfortunetly.