windows upgrade question

a friend of mine have Windows Me on his PC, i have my Windows XP Home Edtn start up cd. if he wants to upgrade from W ME to W XP H.E. with MY Windows star up cd, can he still use his Product Key from his Windows ME? I just want to make sure what im going to tell him, thanks

Greetings --

No, of course not. He'll need to purchase his own license for
WinXP.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"thrashmetal" <thrashmetal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> a friend of mine have Windows Me on his PC, i have my Windows XP
Home Edtn start up cd. if he wants to upgrade from W ME to W XP H.E.
with MY Windows star up cd, can he still use his Product Key from his
Windows ME? I just want to make sure what im going to tell him, thanks

No.
"thrashmetal" <thrashmetal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> a friend of mine have Windows Me on his PC, i have my Windows XP Home Edtn
start up cd. if he wants to upgrade from W ME to W XP H.E. with MY Windows
star up cd, can he still use his Product Key from his Windows ME? I just
want to make sure what im going to tell him, thanks

ok he has to buy his own new copy of w XP then. thanks for the help, ill let him know.