norton

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

I am running XP Professional OS on a new computer. However, there is room for a second hard drive where I need to place my previous 98SE hard drive because of some important DOS-based programs.

Is this feasible? Instructions? Thanks.

Norton

There's no problem with that,set on 2nd IDE cable,set as master with cd/dvd
as slave.XP wont use the hd,use it as storage and set it as the page file for
virtual-memory for xp to use.

"norton" wrote:

> I am running XP Professional OS on a new computer. However, there is room for a second hard drive where I need to place my previous 98SE hard drive because of some important DOS-based programs.
>
> Is this feasible? Instructions? Thanks.
>
> Norton

See my web site, www.dougknox.com and go to Win XP Tips

For Win9x/Me: Install 98/Me after XP is Installed.
For Windows 2000: Install Windows 2000 after XP is installed.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.