Cannot get past the Welcome screen

August 4, 2004 10:53:16 PM

Hi, I just upgraded from a WinMe to WinXP. It was working
perfectly until the next time I started up my computer. I
cannot get past the welcome screen. I click on my name,
and it either says the usual "Logging on..." and stops, or
it doesn't even say that sometimes and goes back to the
main screen. WHY? The only thing I did before shutting
down the first time was to change the regional language
settings by adding the East Asian Languages. I hope
someone can help me! I even tried to re-install XP but
nothing happens when I put the CD in. *sigh*

More about : past screen

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 3:54:03 PM

Most probably caused by a malware named BlazeFind.

Quick Launch settings are not saved; Search Assistant Toolbar in Taskbar:
http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

"CG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02e101c47a8e$f9987740$a301280a@phx.gbl...
Hi, I just upgraded from a WinMe to WinXP. It was working
perfectly until the next time I started up my computer. I
cannot get past the welcome screen. I click on my name,
and it either says the usual "Logging on..." and stops, or
it doesn't even say that sometimes and goes back to the
main screen. WHY? The only thing I did before shutting
down the first time was to change the regional language
settings by adding the East Asian Languages. I hope
someone can help me! I even tried to re-install XP but
nothing happens when I put the CD in. *sigh*
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 3:54:04 PM

Hi and thanks! I'll check out the site. I don't know how I
can fix it because I can't get past the welcome page, but
I'll figure something out.

us/gp/gpref.asp

>"CG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:02e101c47a8e$f9987740$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>Hi, I just upgraded from a WinMe to WinXP. It was working
>perfectly until the next time I started up my computer. I
>cannot get past the welcome screen. I click on my name,
>and it either says the usual "Logging on..." and stops,
or
>it doesn't even say that sometimes and goes back to the
>main screen. WHY? The only thing I did before shutting
>down the first time was to change the regional language
>settings by adding the East Asian Languages. I hope
>someone can help me! I even tried to re-install XP but
>nothing happens when I put the CD in. *sigh*
>

>.

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 5:11:43 PM

You need to make a copy of userinit.exe (and name it wsaupdater.exe) via the Recovery Console.

--

!