Cannot get past the Welcome screen

Hi, I just upgraded from a WinMe to WinXP. It was working
perfectly until the next time I started up my computer. I
cannot get past the welcome screen. I click on my name,
and it either says the usual "Logging on..." and stops, or
it doesn't even say that sometimes and goes back to the
main screen. WHY? The only thing I did before shutting
down the first time was to change the regional language
settings by adding the East Asian Languages. I hope
someone can help me! I even tried to re-install XP but
nothing happens when I put the CD in. *sigh*
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot past screen

    Most probably caused by a malware named BlazeFind.

    Quick Launch settings are not saved; Search Assistant Toolbar in Taskbar:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "CG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02e101c47a8e$f9987740$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    Hi, I just upgraded from a WinMe to WinXP. It was working
    perfectly until the next time I started up my computer. I
    cannot get past the welcome screen. I click on my name,
    and it either says the usual "Logging on..." and stops, or
    it doesn't even say that sometimes and goes back to the
    main screen. WHY? The only thing I did before shutting
    down the first time was to change the regional language
    settings by adding the East Asian Languages. I hope
    someone can help me! I even tried to re-install XP but
    nothing happens when I put the CD in. *sigh*

    Hi and thanks! I'll check out the site. I don't know how I
    can fix it because I can't get past the welcome page, but
    I'll figure something out.

    You need to make a copy of userinit.exe (and name it wsaupdater.exe) via the Recovery Console.

    --

    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06ea01c47abe$3570db20$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    Hi and thanks! I'll check out the site. I don't know how I
    can fix it because I can't get past the welcome page, but
    I'll figure something out.

Microsoft Windows XP