Explorer Search Error

I had this Problem and I had to Re-install XP
Professional that i am running with SP2 RC.
The Problem that i have AGAIN is that when i click on The
Search ALL FILES and Folders option in the Explorer
Search From the Start Menu, I get this Ugly Error "
Eplorer has Encountered a problem and needs to close.
sorry....blah blah"
Than Windows Explorer Closes down and Starts back up with
the Same windows that were open before the Error EXCEPT
for the Search Folder.

PLEASE, I HAVE Tried MS KB, but no help....any one PLEASE
3 answers Last reply
More about explorer search error

    Greetings Michael,

    Try uninstalling Windows XP SP2 since this might be causing the problem.

    Also take a look at this. You might be able to reinstall the Search Utility.

    Open a command dos prompt by clicking Start , Run and then typing the words
    cmd and pressing enter.
    Now you will get a dos prompt window on the desktop.
    Insert the Windows XP Setup CD in the CD Drive first and then close the
    window that appears due to autoplay.
    that you enter it in the same way as shown and now this will check for the
    integrity of Windows system files and make sure that none are corrupted. If
    there are corrupted files then they will be restored from the CD and when
    the
    restoration is complete you will get a confirmation message.
    Remove the CD and then reboot to see the effects whether the system has been
    repaired or not.
    [written by Rajesh] thx

    Thanks and best of luck!

    --
    Jose Francisco
    http://www.xpez.tk

    "Michael Perez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I had this Problem and I had to Re-install XP
    > Professional that i am running with SP2 RC.
    > The Problem that i have AGAIN is that when i click on The
    > Search ALL FILES and Folders option in the Explorer
    > Search From the Start Menu, I get this Ugly Error "
    > Eplorer has Encountered a problem and needs to close.
    > sorry....blah blah"
    > Than Windows Explorer Closes down and Starts back up with
    > the Same windows that were open before the Error EXCEPT
    > for the Search Folder.
    >

    > PLEASE, I HAVE Tried MS KB, but no help....any one PLEASE

    Wow that's way too complicated. There is no need to go through all of that
    just to run a System File Check. Put your CD in the drive and close and
    autoplay windows that come up. click>start\run and type in sfc /scannow and
    click ok or hit enter on your keyboard. That's all there is to it. Many
    commands like this don't need the cmd utility but function with the run
    utility. It's quicker and easier. Be sure to put the space in after sfc and
    before the / . This will scan for missing or corrupt OS files and replace
    them with the ones off the disk. This site
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm has many search fixes in the
    tweak section that I linked you to. Press ctrl and the F key at the same time
    and then type search in the line and click find next. It may take a few tries
    of pressing ctrl + f before you get it right and open the find window. }:~)

    Thanks Alot Guys BUT nothing Has helped me yet, Niether
    MS KB, nor this coummunity to slove this Problem :(
    BUT THANKS a million for you guys taking time to Write
    the respond :)

Windows Explorer Explorer Microsoft Windows XP