Need help installing mods

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 25, 2005 10:02:52 AM

I just downloaded Chaos Empire. It says to rename any Data files. So, I
went to the windows explorer and found the Diablo 2 folder, I have a
d2data.mpq in there. Is this the one I'm supposed to rename? And, what
praytell, do I rename it?

TIA
Diane

More about : installing mods

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:02:53 AM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:02:52 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I just downloaded Chaos Empire. It says to rename any Data files. So, I
>went to the windows explorer and found the Diablo 2 folder, I have a
>d2data.mpq in there. Is this the one I'm supposed to rename? And, what
>praytell, do I rename it?
>
>TIA
>Diane

Nope, it wants you to rename any data *folder*, which you probably
don't have (I didn't, and have at least a couple of other mods on this
machine). Don't search too far, either, I'm sure I have Data folders
in sub-directories, but the mod's only concerned with whether you have
one in your D2 folder.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 11:18:48 AM

Diane wrote:
> I just downloaded Chaos Empire. It says to rename any Data files.
> So, I went to the windows explorer and found the Diablo 2 folder, I
> have a d2data.mpq in there. Is this the one I'm supposed to rename?
> And, what praytell, do I rename it?
>
> TIA
> Diane

No, and if you haven't fooled around with any mods before you probably won't
have anything you need to rename.
--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
Related resources
January 25, 2005 7:13:44 PM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

> Nope, it wants you to rename any data *folder*, which you probably
> don't have (I didn't, and have at least a couple of other mods on this
> machine). Don't search too far, either, I'm sure I have Data folders
> in sub-directories, but the mod's only concerned with whether you have
> one in your D2 folder.

OK then. I don't have a data folder. Time to install this baby and see
what I have here. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Diane
January 25, 2005 7:16:02 PM

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in

> No, and if you haven't fooled around with any mods before you probably
> won't have anything you need to rename.

Nope. This is my first time for a mod. It just sounds like so much fun.
BTW. Where do they come from? Certainly not from Blizz. Is it just
various programmers who write these things up? Sounds like some of them
could be better than the original game itself. If that's the case, why
doesn't Blizz catch on and make changes, i.e, larger stash specifically.

Diane
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:34:33 PM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:16:02 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Nope. This is my first time for a mod. It just sounds like so much fun.
>BTW. Where do they come from? Certainly not from Blizz. Is it just
>various programmers who write these things up? Sounds like some of them
>could be better than the original game itself. If that's the case, why
>doesn't Blizz catch on and make changes, i.e, larger stash specifically.
>
>Diane

Yeah, pretty much, people who saw the potential to make the game
better and figured out how to change it. We were actually in on the
making of one, Gemstone, where the author was a regular poster in here
and asked for suggestions, and *boy* did he get them. I know you saw
this link, since I posted it in the other group, but if you go to
http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1... (the Chaos
Empire forum) and look down the right hand side, under "Planet
Diablo", those are all other mods, one or two of which I've tried in
earlier versions. As to why Blizz hasn't made the changes, who knows,
BCM logic? They actually *have* expanded their stash, just nowhere
near enough.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 26, 2005 2:17:45 AM

> Yeah, pretty much, people who saw the potential to make the game
> better and figured out how to change it. We were actually in on the
> making of one, Gemstone, where the author was a regular poster in here
> and asked for suggestions, and *boy* did he get them. I know you saw
> this link, since I posted it in the other group, but if you go to
> http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1... (the Chaos
> Empire forum) and look down the right hand side, under "Planet
> Diablo", those are all other mods, one or two of which I've tried in
> earlier versions. As to why Blizz hasn't made the changes, who knows,
> BCM logic? They actually *have* expanded their stash, just nowhere
> near enough.

I did download AND install the CE mod, however when I try to create and
join, it tells me failure to join, so I'm doing something wrong
somewhere.

I'll go to PK and check out the other mods. At this rate, I'll never
complete a char b/c I'll be forever creating new ones, lol.

Diane
January 26, 2005 6:16:55 AM

"Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
>
>> Yeah, pretty much, people who saw the potential to make the game
>> better and figured out how to change it. We were actually in on the
>> making of one, Gemstone, where the author was a regular poster in here
>> and asked for suggestions, and *boy* did he get them. I know you saw
>> this link, since I posted it in the other group, but if you go to
>> http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1... (the Chaos
>> Empire forum) and look down the right hand side, under "Planet
>> Diablo", those are all other mods, one or two of which I've tried in
>> earlier versions. As to why Blizz hasn't made the changes, who knows,
>> BCM logic? They actually *have* expanded their stash, just nowhere
>> near enough.
>>

> I did download AND install the CE mod, however when I try to create and
> join, it tells me failure to join, so I'm doing something wrong
> somewhere.
>
> I'll go to PK and check out the other mods. At this rate, I'll never
> complete a char b/c I'll be forever creating new ones, lol.
>
> Diane

To play online you need to upgrade your game files, I think that it is up to
7.51 now. The one thing that I've noticed about playing mods online is that
you need to keep up to date with versions.

I'm playing on the CCC realm as *princessgoddess.

Jim
January 26, 2005 6:44:50 AM

> If you didn't see anything different, you were most definitely *not*
> playing CE. The splash screen (where you choose SP or MP) is
> different, the town is different, there should be no doubt in your
> mind that you're playing the mod. Programs > CE > *CE Activator*,
> right? After it asks if D2 is closed, it should tell you that CE is
> activated, and ask if you want to make a donation (hitting "no" starts
> the game).

OK, I most definitely have not seen CE yet then. CE Activator. That must
be the key. I was doing "Play Chaos Empire in English". Foolishly I
thought that was the way in. Oh well, just a day spent playing a new Barb
in LOD again, lol.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 6:44:51 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:44:50 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>OK, I most definitely have not seen CE yet then. CE Activator. That must
>be the key. I was doing "Play Chaos Empire in English". Foolishly I
>thought that was the way in. Oh well, just a day spent playing a new Barb
>in LOD again, lol.

Yeah, that's what you're missing. Now you can start another character
in CE ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 26, 2005 9:47:03 AM

> Yeah, that's what you're missing. Now you can start another character
> in CE ;-)
>
> ald

And so I have. I'm hopelessly addicted. This one is right up my alley.
I have a Teddy Bear, and a Summoner, and there's just so much to figure
out in this MOD. Sheesh. It sure is different.

And, believe it or not, I've gotten killed twice already. And, I'm only
in Act I. Sheesh. This one appears to be a little harder for me and I
run out of stamina quickly, although the stamina bottles last a while
longer which is nice.

Well, back to reading the guide. I need to find out more info about the
stash. There's lots of room between the inventory and the cube, but is
that the actual stash? B/c I haven't been able to locate a stash
anywhere else. I need more info on transmuting. So, away I go to see
what I can find out.

Love this mod. It's great.

Diane
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:47:04 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 06:47:03 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>And so I have. I'm hopelessly addicted. This one is right up my alley.
>I have a Teddy Bear, and a Summoner, and there's just so much to figure
>out in this MOD. Sheesh. It sure is different.

You can say that again ;-)

>And, believe it or not, I've gotten killed twice already. And, I'm only
>in Act I. Sheesh. This one appears to be a little harder for me and I
>run out of stamina quickly, although the stamina bottles last a while
>longer which is nice.

Stamina isn't a problem for my Bowazon, I've found with them if I run
I run into more trouble than I run out of, although I've been known to
hit the "r" button during a "tactical retreat" (a.k.a., running for my
life). The Druid, on the other hand, well, when he runs out of stamina
he just stops and hits alt for a second or two, to make sure he hasn't
missed anything.

And while the Druid hasn't died yet (knocks on wooden head), the
Bowazon got her first death about 10 steps into the Den of Evil. -20%
Fire Resistance and two Shamans just don't mix very well.

>Well, back to reading the guide. I need to find out more info about the
>stash. There's lots of room between the inventory and the cube, but is
>that the actual stash? B/c I haven't been able to locate a stash
>anywhere else. I need more info on transmuting. So, away I go to see
>what I can find out.
>
>Love this mod. It's great.
>
>Diane

Yeah, it is :-) As far as the stash, there are apparently two of them,
the one in the Graveyard was hidden so well that my Bowazon didn't
find it, and I haven't gotten to Tristram where the second one is
supposed to be. It's easier in Act 2, it's actually in town, just
moved.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:58:22 AM

Diane wrote:
> And so I have. I'm hopelessly addicted. This one is right up my
> alley. I have a Teddy Bear, and a Summoner, and there's just so much
> to figure out in this MOD. Sheesh. It sure is different.
>
> And, believe it or not, I've gotten killed twice already. And, I'm
> only in Act I. Sheesh. This one appears to be a little harder for
> me and I run out of stamina quickly, although the stamina bottles
> last a while longer which is nice.

I'd played LoD hardcore exclusively for 3+years before I installed the CE
mod and foolishly started a HC character in it.

HAH! :-)

Dying can come quickly in CE--very quickly.
--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:41:22 AM

Diane wrote:
> ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
>

>>Yeah, pretty much, people who saw the potential to make the game
>>better and figured out how to change it. We were actually in on the
>>making of one, Gemstone, where the author was a regular poster in here
>>and asked for suggestions, and *boy* did he get them. I know you saw
>>this link, since I posted it in the other group, but if you go to
>>http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1... (the Chaos
>>Empire forum) and look down the right hand side, under "Planet
>>Diablo", those are all other mods, one or two of which I've tried in
>>earlier versions. As to why Blizz hasn't made the changes, who knows,
>>BCM logic? They actually *have* expanded their stash, just nowhere
>>near enough.
>>

> I did download AND install the CE mod, however when I try to create and
> join, it tells me failure to join, so I'm doing something wrong
> somewhere.
>
> I'll go to PK and check out the other mods. At this rate, I'll never
> complete a char b/c I'll be forever creating new ones, lol.
>
> Diane
When a mod is installed, can you still easily play normal diablo?
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:21:41 AM

sidekick wrote:
>> I'll go to PK and check out the other mods. At this rate, I'll never
>> complete a char b/c I'll be forever creating new ones, lol.
>>
>> Diane
> When a mod is installed, can you still easily play normal diablo?

With CE you can for sure.

--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:10:59 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:41:22 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>When a mod is installed, can you still easily play normal diablo?

Yes, especially with CE, as chainbreaker pointed out. That one
installs an activator in your programs menu, which you use to both
activate and deactivate the mod. Other mods, for the most part, you
have two options when you set it up: You can either set up a separate
shortcut, using the - direct.txt switch (I believe, someone who
actually uses this method could probably explain it a *lot* better) or
do what I do, which is to simply change the name of the patch_d2.mpq
files (for instance, when I'm *not* playing the original game, the
original file gets changed to patch_d2.mpq.or, and the file for
whatever mod I'm playing is changed to the original name). So yes, you
have to exit the game and either hit a different shortcut or change a
file name, but it can be done easily.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 26, 2005 12:43:03 PM

Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> stared blankly into space for a short
while before writing:
> "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in
>
>> No, and if you haven't fooled around with any mods before you
>> probably won't have anything you need to rename.
>
> Nope. This is my first time for a mod. It just sounds like so
> much fun. BTW. Where do they come from? Certainly not from Blizz.
> Is it just various programmers who write these things up?

Yep

> Sounds
> like some of them could be better than the original game itself.
> If that's the case, why doesn't Blizz catch on and make changes,

They have been doing so, see the Lord of Destruction expansion. Also,
from time to time they add new runewords.

> i.e, larger stash specifically.

They *did* make the stash larger, it used to be about half the size it
is now:)

BTW, if that was you I was partying with the other day (I left you in
Tristram), sorry I had to leave, I had visitors.

--
Doc
January 26, 2005 12:43:04 PM

"Doc" <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote in news:41f6cb94
@duster.adelaide.on.net:

> BTW, if that was you I was partying with the other day (I left you in
> Tristram), sorry I had to leave, I had visitors.

Yep, that was me, however I should be apologizing to you. I put my game on
hold due to a phone call which took longer than I expected. So, I'm sorry.
It must have appeared to you that I'd left you in the lurch. When I got
back to my game you'd already left so I just continued on along the way.

Diane
January 26, 2005 6:05:31 PM

> Yeah, it is :-) As far as the stash, there are apparently two of them,
> the one in the Graveyard was hidden so well that my Bowazon didn't
> find it, and I haven't gotten to Tristram where the second one is
> supposed to be. It's easier in Act 2, it's actually in town, just
> moved.
>
> ald

The Graveyard? I KNEW there had to be one somewhere. I even spent some
time early this morning hunting around the PvP area thinking it might be
hidden there for some reason. Genious!!! One thing I don't understand
is why there's a WP in Stony Field, yet I can't use it, lol. Perhaps
I'll understand that further into the game. I died for the 4th time
about 4AM and decided it was time to get to bed. I may never get a full
nights sleep again - at least until I get through some more of this
game, HA!!!!
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 6:05:32 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:05:31 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>The Graveyard? I KNEW there had to be one somewhere. I even spent some
>time early this morning hunting around the PvP area thinking it might be
>hidden there for some reason. Genious!!! One thing I don't understand
>is why there's a WP in Stony Field, yet I can't use it, lol. Perhaps
>I'll understand that further into the game. I died for the 4th time
>about 4AM and decided it was time to get to bed. I may never get a full
>nights sleep again - at least until I get through some more of this
>game, HA!!!!

Apparently he couldn't remove the (now one-way) WP from the Cold
Plains (the one in the Stony Field *does* work) when he added the
other to Tristram. And talk about sleepless nights? Try selling one of
those Valuable Elixirs ;-) It literally sells for almost 500 *million*
gold, my game is still running, and after about 4 hours I still
haven't made a sizable dent in that pile.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 26, 2005 6:07:32 PM

> Dying can come quickly in CE--very quickly.

Tell me about it. I love the changes to the graveyard with all the ghosts.
There's plenty to do there. But, Stony Field caught me by surprise. What
are all those sporky things? Cripes. Never saw them coming. I'll know
better this time.

Diane
January 26, 2005 6:09:33 PM

sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in

> When a mod is installed, can you still easily play normal diablo?

Yes you can. To start a mod, you go to your game folder and use
"activate". For the normal Diablo game, you can use your shortcut. At
least, that's the way I learned to do it, thanks to my friend ald.

Diane
January 27, 2005 12:47:35 AM

> Apparently he couldn't remove the (now one-way) WP from the Cold
> Plains (the one in the Stony Field *does* work) when he added the
> other to Tristram. And talk about sleepless nights? Try selling one of
> those Valuable Elixirs ;-) It literally sells for almost 500 *million*
> gold, my game is still running, and after about 4 hours I still
> haven't made a sizable dent in that pile.
>
> ald

Just tell me please, how do I kill those horkey spokes or whatever they
are in Stoney Field? They kill me, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Diane
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:47:36 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:47:35 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Just tell me please, how do I kill those horkey spokes or whatever they
>are in Stoney Field? They kill me, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
>
>Diane

I'm not sure I've seen whatever creature you're talking about, but you
can bypass the Stony Field, at least for now. Use the shortcut to the
Underground Passage and you can go to *either* the Stony Field or the
Dark Woods, get the Scroll, and level up a few times before you take
them on again. I don't know, I'm having minor problems with the Dark
Lancers (they've *almost* killed me a couple of times now), but
nothing has failed to fall to my 'lite 3-10 bow (sarcasm off).

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 27, 2005 3:07:14 AM

> I'm not sure I've seen whatever creature you're talking about, but you
> can bypass the Stony Field, at least for now. Use the shortcut to the
> Underground Passage and you can go to *either* the Stony Field or the
> Dark Woods, get the Scroll, and level up a few times before you take
> them on again. I don't know, I'm having minor problems with the Dark
> Lancers (they've *almost* killed me a couple of times now), but
> nothing has failed to fall to my 'lite 3-10 bow (sarcasm off).
>
> ald

Polka dotted round creatures. I want to get to the Dark Woods. That's
my next adventure. I want Cain. I have so much stuff to ID. Wow, this
stash was heaven sent for a packrat like me. LOL. Oh, and I'm playing
my barb right now with two swords. That's how I like him. I'm maxing
my SM and DS.

Diane
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:07:15 AM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:07:14 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Polka dotted round creatures. I want to get to the Dark Woods. That's
>my next adventure. I want Cain. I have so much stuff to ID. Wow, this
>stash was heaven sent for a packrat like me. LOL. Oh, and I'm playing
>my barb right now with two swords. That's how I like him. I'm maxing
>my SM and DS.
>
>Diane

Still haven't seen them, maybe I'm just getting lucky with the monster
draw. Oh, and the layout, since the Cairn Stones were *very* close to
the Waypoint this time. Yeah, I found Cain, and was getting ready to
ID all of the stuff I had stashed (which wasn't *near* as much as the
Druid has, since the Bowazon only found the stash at the beginning of
this game) when I accidentally exited the game :-( Oh, well, other
than runes I doubt I would have gotten much more useful stuff from
that 470-something million gold that was still on the ground.

The one thing I missed was the Tristram WP, she may have to go back
and find it next game, but from the looks of things there may be no
real point (except for the second stash, guarded by a camel ;-) ).

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 4:52:11 AM

Diane wrote:
> sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in
>

>>When a mod is installed, can you still easily play normal diablo?
>

> Yes you can. To start a mod, you go to your game folder and use
> "activate". For the normal Diablo game, you can use your shortcut. At
> least, that's the way I learned to do it, thanks to my friend ald.
>
> Diane

Thanks for the info...soon as I have the time I intend to try a mod or 2.
!