What's Included

I received a disk to download Windows XP from my school.
I downloaded the program but I wanted to know if Word,
Excel, and Access are included with Windows XP or not or
will I have to download these items separately.

Windows XP is an "Operating System" and does not include any
Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel or Access.

Learn how to acquire Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/student.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Litha" wrote:

| I received a disk to download Windows XP from my school.
| I downloaded the program but I wanted to know if Word,
| Excel, and Access are included with Windows XP or not or
| will I have to download these items separately.

thanks for your help.

--------------

>"Litha" wrote:
>
>| I received a disk to download Windows XP from my
school.
>| I downloaded the program but I wanted to know if Word,
>| Excel, and Access are included with Windows XP or not
or
>| will I have to download these items separately.
>.

mark

Office is separate product.

--
Mark
MCSA, CNA, A+, Net+, iNet+, Server+
"Litha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I received a disk to download Windows XP from my school.
> I downloaded the program but I wanted to know if Word,
> Excel, and Access are included with Windows XP or not or
> will I have to download these items separately.

Greetings --

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access,Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows
operating system. They are, and always have been, separate
applications, that must be purchased and installed separately. (They
are not legitimately available for download any where.)

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"Litha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I received a disk to download Windows XP from my school.
> I downloaded the program but I wanted to know if Word,
> Excel, and Access are included with Windows XP or not or
> will I have to download these items separately.

You won't "download" them separately. You will buy them.

Tom
"Litha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I received a disk to download Windows XP from my school.
| I downloaded the program but I wanted to know if Word,
| Excel, and Access are included with Windows XP or not or
| will I have to download these items separately.

Tan

Actually some schools are able to let their students
download the software without being in violation of their
EULA, as well as MSDN can also download the software =)

Tan.