Sign in with
Your question

Will buy Starcraft and Broodwar

Last response: in Video Games
June 21, 2007 11:52:58 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone in the Toronto area is willing to sell me the starcraft game.. cheaper than 20$ for a battlechest? I used to play it religiously in high school, and now that I'm finished university and it being the summer, I'm finding more free time on my hands.. possibly a bad thing.. anyways I saw an ad for starcraft 2, and I'm now jonesing to rekindle the game. Unfortunately my Cds are scratched to hell so I can't even reinstall the game, i had a friend help me out with a crack or torrent file, but the cd key I used to use wont work with Broodwar, and Battlenet rejects me. So this is my plight, anyone willing to sell please message me, also before you message; if you havn't used it in a while, check your CDkey before offering me because I don't want to pay for it all and find out your CDkey isn't working either.

Elliott

More about : buy starcraft broodwar

June 22, 2007 12:23:36 PM

yeah its looking like I might have too, just I didnt want to pay 30 bucks I was hoping more for 5 bucks, oh well
Related resources
June 22, 2007 1:17:27 PM

Quote:
yeah its looking like I might have too, just I didnt want to pay 30 bucks I was hoping more for 5 bucks, oh well

Too bad you live in Canada... I've got an extra copy I could have sold ^_^
June 22, 2007 5:28:31 PM

Another suggestion you could take. Starcraft has pretty much no copy protection whatsoever, so its very reasonable you could get a friend to copy his sc and bw so all you need to do is get a working cd-key from somebody. That would mean the guy with his extra copy could sell you his cd-key thus negating the need for the physical disk.
June 25, 2007 4:21:06 AM

yeah but how much would a CD-key cost? It would almost be more cost effective to go drive to the nearest store buy the game vs. drive out to meet someone to buy a CD key off them for one or two dollars lol. I think I'll just save my gas and 30 dollars that I would spend on a battle chest and invest it until sc2 comes out.
Thanks though
June 25, 2007 6:36:38 AM

No, its most cost effective to buy a cd key and have the person email it to them. Sheesh man, who drives to get information? :p 
June 25, 2007 7:30:50 AM

Hey Yox0p. Did u end up finding a copy of the game or Key? I can help you out if you haven't. My Email addy is sdoroslovac[at]Gmail[dot]com if u want to reach me. I sometimes forget to check back with these forums.
June 25, 2007 8:03:36 AM

Might want to send that via PM instead of showing your email to the public. Just saying this out of curtesy, not to be pretentious or anything.
June 25, 2007 3:43:17 PM

I appreciate it. But I don't have 50 posts yet so I can't send PM's. oO
June 28, 2007 5:10:50 PM

Off to the sig test page for you then...
!