Opening file folders in windows XP

When i try to open a file in my documents by double clicking, instead of opening the file it automaticlly goes to search. Search is now the first item in the file menu. I can open the folders by right clicking but would like to go back to the normal double click to open. How can I accomplish this task.
--
thomas@fairoaks

Follow the instructions outlined in this article:

Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"tjw" wrote:

When i try to open a file in my documents by double clicking, instead of
opening the file it automaticlly goes to search. Search is now the first item
in the file menu. I can open the folders by right clicking but would like to
| --
| thomas@nospamfairoaks

Hi,

You will find a quick fix for that common problem here:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

Courtesy MVP Doug Knox.

--
Best of Luck,