Wireless servicess and discounts

When I called verizon about wireless being added to my phone bill, the
answer was not untill you have had for a year or so, I already send them
100 a month for Freedom plus DSL, I see no problem with adding minimal
cellular service to this. baxically it is for telling peeps I am in traffic
and may be late or calling AAA or such. But no, have to bill it to a credit
card for a year, then I can be elligible for phone billing and the
discount. What am I missing? Frankly Sprint offers a better deal but
coverage is not as good in my area and there is no collective plan discount
after the year. I thought one of the selling points was the collective
billing discount for multiple services, but while Vz Telephone, LD, and VOL
are on board, wireless is not. Is there an explanation, or double talk?

--
"Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."

Mike
7 answers Last reply
More about wireless servicess discounts

    "B.J.Honeycut" <Friday@drag.net.invalid> wrote in message
    > When I called verizon about wireless being added to my phone bill, the
    > answer was not untill you have had for a year or so, I already send them
    > 100 a month for Freedom plus DSL, I see no problem with adding minimal
    > cellular service to this. baxically it is for telling peeps I am in
    traffic
    > and may be late or calling AAA or such. But no, have to bill it to a
    credit
    > card for a year, then I can be elligible for phone billing and the
    > discount. What am I missing? Frankly Sprint offers a better deal but
    > coverage is not as good in my area and there is no collective plan
    discount
    > after the year. I thought one of the selling points was the collective
    > billing discount for multiple services, but while Vz Telephone, LD, and
    VOL
    > are on board, wireless is not. Is there an explanation, or double talk?
    >
    > --
    > "Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
    > it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."
    > Horace (65 - 8 BC); Roman poet.
    >
    > Mike

    There is a service called "One Bill" which you can get if you have DSL,
    Verizon Home Service, and Verizon Wireless see here
    http://www.vzmultimedia.com/onebill/

    This may be what your referring to.

    Elector

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:02:27 GMT,"Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> penned
    this whopper in alt.cellular.verizon

    > "B.J.Honeycut" <Friday@drag.net.invalid> wrote in message
    >> When I called verizon about wireless being added to my phone bill, the
    >> answer was not untill you have had for a year or so, I already send them
    >> 100 a month for Freedom plus DSL, I see no problem with adding minimal
    >> cellular service to this. baxically it is for telling peeps I am in
    > traffic
    >> and may be late or calling AAA or such. But no, have to bill it to a
    > credit
    >> card for a year, then I can be elligible for phone billing and the
    >> discount. What am I missing? Frankly Sprint offers a better deal but
    >> coverage is not as good in my area and there is no collective plan
    > discount
    >> after the year. I thought one of the selling points was the collective
    >> billing discount for multiple services, but while Vz Telephone, LD, and
    > VOL
    >> are on board, wireless is not. Is there an explanation, or double talk?
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
    >> it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."
    >> Horace (65 - 8 BC); Roman poet.
    >>
    >> Mike
    >
    > There is a service called "One Bill" which you can get if you have DSL,
    > Verizon Home Service, and Verizon Wireless see here
    > http://www.vzmultimedia.com/onebill/
    >
    > This may be what your referring to.
    >
    > Elector

    es, I don't qualify until i've had wireless for a year or something.
    Strange, eh?

    --
    "Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
    it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."
    Horace (65 - 8 BC); Roman poet.

    Mike

    B.J.Honeycut <Friday@drag.net.invalid> wrote:

    > es, I don't qualify until i've had wireless for a year or something.
    > Strange, eh?

    Stupid.

    But the landline carriers don't like losing business to wireless, so perhaps
    it's not surprising - perhaps VZ is afraid of losing landlines.

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 15:23:07 GMT,Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    penned this whopper in alt.cellular.verizon

    > B.J.Honeycut <Friday@drag.net.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> es, I don't qualify until i've had wireless for a year or something.
    >> Strange, eh?
    >
    > Stupid.
    >
    > But the landline carriers don't like losing business to wireless, so
    > perhaps it's not surprising - perhaps VZ is afraid of losing
    > landlines.

    Uh, I have a DSL hookup and a freedom package here too. They get me for
    $100 a month. whats another 30? I just dont get it outside of them being
    different companies.

    --
    "Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
    it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."
    Horace (65 - 8 BC); Roman poet.

    Mike

    B.J.Honeycut <Friday@drag.net.invalid> wrote:

    > Uh, I have a DSL hookup and a freedom package here too. They get me for
    > $100 a month. whats another 30? I just dont get it outside of them being
    > different companies.

    Landline carriers are DEATHLY afraid of losing landlines to other technologies
    like wireless, VoIP, telephone lines run over cable companies' fiber-optic
    networks, etc.

    Verizon does own 55% of VZW, but I still don't think the landline division
    wants to lose some of the lines they currently have. And I'd bet they're
    afraid that if you really like your wireless service, you'll turn off your
    landline, which will cost them $100. (I say $100 because traditionally, in
    my experience running/working at various ISPs, the phone companies have
    refused to turn on DSL for people who don't have dialtone through them, so
    I am including the money they make on the DSL too. If you cancel the phone
    line, you probably will end up having to cancel the DSL too.)

    "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    > B.J.Honeycut <Friday@drag.net.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > Uh, I have a DSL hookup and a freedom package here too. They get
    me for
    > > $100 a month. whats another 30? I just dont get it outside of them
    being
    > > different companies.
    >
    > Landline carriers are DEATHLY afraid of losing landlines to other
    technologies
    > like wireless, VoIP, telephone lines run over cable companies'
    fiber-optic
    > networks, etc.
    >
    > Verizon does own 55% of VZW, but I still don't think the landline
    division
    > wants to lose some of the lines they currently have. And I'd bet
    they're
    > afraid that if you really like your wireless service, you'll turn
    off your
    > landline, which will cost them $100. (I say $100 because
    traditionally, in
    > my experience running/working at various ISPs, the phone companies
    have
    > refused to turn on DSL for people who don't have dialtone through
    them, so
    > I am including the money they make on the DSL too. If you cancel the
    phone
    > line, you probably will end up having to cancel the DSL too.)
    >

    > --
    > JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
    0xE3AE35ED
    http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
    > "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush
    out and buy
    > slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
    98/2000/2003

    Steve:

    I think the original poster is getting scammed. The web site link I
    gave yesterday simply stated that if a person has had no past due
    payments within 6 months and they have Verizon Local Telephone
    service, Long Distance Services and Verizon Wireless as their carrier
    they can go to the web site and sign up for one bill "online" and also
    get payment options like automatic bill payment via checking, savings
    or credit card each month as well as the traditional Paper Invoice
    with all the services listed on one bill.

    http://www.vzmultimedia.com/foryourhome/onebill/index.html

    There is also an insert in the northeast invoices this month that also
    has this option if you wanted to do the same from Verizon Wireless as
    One Bill. I don't see any qualifier of having to have service for 1
    year or any other time frame but I can go back and re-read the page.

    Elector

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 10:36:20 GMT,"Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> penned
    this whopper in alt.cellular.verizon

    > "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    >> B.J.Honeycut <Friday@drag.net.invalid> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Uh, I have a DSL hookup and a freedom package here too. They get
    > me for
    >> > $100 a month. whats another 30? I just dont get it outside of them
    > being
    >> > different companies.
    >>
    >> Landline carriers are DEATHLY afraid of losing landlines to other
    > technologies
    >> like wireless, VoIP, telephone lines run over cable companies'
    > fiber-optic
    >> networks, etc.
    >>
    >> Verizon does own 55% of VZW, but I still don't think the landline
    > division
    >> wants to lose some of the lines they currently have. And I'd bet
    > they're
    >> afraid that if you really like your wireless service, you'll turn
    > off your
    >> landline, which will cost them $100. (I say $100 because
    > traditionally, in
    >> my experience running/working at various ISPs, the phone companies
    > have
    >> refused to turn on DSL for people who don't have dialtone through
    > them, so
    >> I am including the money they make on the DSL too. If you cancel the
    > phone
    >> line, you probably will end up having to cancel the DSL too.)
    >>

    >> --
    >> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
    > 0xE3AE35ED
    >> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
    > sjsobol@JustThe.net
    >> Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service:
    > http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
    >> "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush
    > out and buy
    >> slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
    > 98/2000/2003
    >
    > Steve:
    >
    > I think the original poster is getting scammed. The web site link I
    > gave yesterday simply stated that if a person has had no past due
    > payments within 6 months and they have Verizon Local Telephone
    > service, Long Distance Services and Verizon Wireless as their carrier
    > they can go to the web site and sign up for one bill "online" and also
    > get payment options like automatic bill payment via checking, savings
    > or credit card each month as well as the traditional Paper Invoice
    > with all the services listed on one bill.
    >
    > http://www.vzmultimedia.com/foryourhome/onebill/index.html
    >
    > There is also an insert in the northeast invoices this month that also
    > has this option if you wanted to do the same from Verizon Wireless as
    > One Bill. I don't see any qualifier of having to have service for 1
    > year or any other time frame but I can go back and re-read the page.
    >
    > Elector

    That was my point, but they tell me I have have their wireless service
    first, for something like 6 months then I can get it all on one bill. Same
    name but still different companies. Apparently you can't sign up at first
    on the phone bill, only transfer the wireless billing to the phone bill.
    With the DSL speed upgrades that are coming, I don't think they would be
    worried about losing my land line <g> there's no wireless equivalent.

    --
    "Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
    it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."
    Horace (65 - 8 BC); Roman poet.

    Mike

Verizon Wireless Internet Service Providers