Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Registry backup.

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:08:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Sometimes before doing certain things we are told to backup the Registry.
What is the best way of doing it?
And the best way of restoring it when required?
TIA

More about : registry backup

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:08:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Greetings,

To backup the Registry please follow these steps below:

1) Start > Run
2) Type in "regedit" (without the quotes)
3) Go on File "Export" and choose your path where you want to save it to.

*This may take some time to backup, leave your pc idle for a few mintues*

You can import a registry file just by following the steps above, you just
have to choose "Import"

Thanks and best of luck!

--
Jose Francisco
http://www.xpez.tk
Still got problems - Email me!
chicofar at onvol dot net

"Ben Stevenson" <casiopie963@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o eVJV05eEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Sometimes before doing certain things we are told to backup the Registry.
> What is the best way of doing it?
> And the best way of restoring it when required?
> TIA
>
>
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:08:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi Ben,

Please read:

HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP and Windows
Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322756

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ben Stevenson" <casiopie963@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o eVJV05eEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Sometimes before doing certain things we are told to backup the Registry.
> What is the best way of doing it?
> And the best way of restoring it when required?
> TIA
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:08:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Was wondering about this.. Thanks


"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:eHbws45eEHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ben,
>
> Please read:
>
> HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP and Windows
> Server 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322756
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Ben Stevenson" <casiopie963@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o eVJV05eEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Sometimes before doing certain things we are told to backup the
Registry.
> > What is the best way of doing it?
> > And the best way of restoring it when required?
> > TIA
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 4:09:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Read the whole thing. Quite daunting for a newuser. Could you make it any
simpler?
Thanks

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:eHbws45eEHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ben,
>
> Please read:
>
> HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP and Windows
> Server 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322756
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Ben Stevenson" <casiopie963@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o eVJV05eEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Sometimes before doing certain things we are told to backup the
Registry.
> > What is the best way of doing it?
> > And the best way of restoring it when required?
> > TIA
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 4:09:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi Ben,

No, not really. The registry is a dangerous place, newbie or not, and
working with it should be a last resort.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ben Stevenson" <casiopie963@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:utYSH%238eEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Read the whole thing. Quite daunting for a newuser. Could you make it any
> simpler?
> Thanks
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:eHbws45eEHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > Please read:
> >
> > HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP and
Windows
> > Server 2003
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322756
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,
> >
> > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "Ben Stevenson" <casiopie963@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:o eVJV05eEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > Sometimes before doing certain things we are told to backup the
> Registry.
> > > What is the best way of doing it?
> > > And the best way of restoring it when required?
> > > TIA
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
!