User Account IE History

My children have their own user accounts. As administrator how do I review
their Internet History? Whenever I click on the History tab, I get my IE
History.
5 answers Last reply
More about user account history

    C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Name\Local Settings\History

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:94660BAE-0DBB-485A-8580-3C5058D9794E@microsoft.com,
    Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > My children have their own user accounts. As administrator how do I
    > review their Internet History? Whenever I click on the History tab,
    > I get my IE History.

    I couldn't find a "Local Settings" folder under the kid's name.....just a
    Favorites, Desktop, Documents and Cookies folder. Any additional tips would
    be appreciated.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Name\Local Settings\History
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:94660BAE-0DBB-485A-8580-3C5058D9794E@microsoft.com,
    > Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > My children have their own user accounts. As administrator how do I
    > > review their Internet History? Whenever I click on the History tab,
    > > I get my IE History.

    Richard,

    Oops, I forgot, Local Settings is a Hidden Folder.

    HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

    To display hidden files and folders
    http://tinyurl.com/4lxxn

    You still want to find >>

    In news:48012C73-5D0B-4C7D-A5EE-BEC884173F55@microsoft.com,
    Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I couldn't find a "Local Settings" folder under the kid's
    > name.....just a Favorites, Desktop, Documents and Cookies folder. Any
    > additional tips would be appreciated.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Name\Local Settings\History
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:94660BAE-0DBB-485A-8580-3C5058D9794E@microsoft.com,
    >> Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> My children have their own user accounts. As administrator how do I
    >>> review their Internet History? Whenever I click on the History tab,
    >>> I get my IE History.

    Thanks Wes....big help indeed.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Richard,
    >
    > Oops, I forgot, Local Settings is a Hidden Folder.
    >
    > HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347
    >
    > To display hidden files and folders
    > http://tinyurl.com/4lxxn
    >
    > You still want to find >>
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Name\Local Settings\History
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:48012C73-5D0B-4C7D-A5EE-BEC884173F55@microsoft.com,
    > Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I couldn't find a "Local Settings" folder under the kid's
    > > name.....just a Favorites, Desktop, Documents and Cookies folder. Any
    > > additional tips would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > >
    > >> C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Name\Local Settings\History
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >> Wes
    > >>
    > >> In news:94660BAE-0DBB-485A-8580-3C5058D9794E@microsoft.com,
    > >> Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    You betcha, Richard. Keep having fun! :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:41E34BB5-605F-426E-80CB-66ED4E3677B2@microsoft.com,
    Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks Wes....big help indeed.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Richard,
    >>
    >> Oops, I forgot, Local Settings is a Hidden Folder.
    >>
    >> HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347
    >>
    >> To display hidden files and folders
    >> http://tinyurl.com/4lxxn
    >>
    >> You still want to find >>
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Name\Local Settings\History
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:48012C73-5D0B-4C7D-A5EE-BEC884173F55@microsoft.com,
    >> Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I couldn't find a "Local Settings" folder under the kid's
    >>> name.....just a Favorites, Desktop, Documents and Cookies folder.
    >>> Any additional tips would be appreciated.

Internet Explorer Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP