Sign in with
Your question

A Way to Keep scores: Microsoft Solitaire ???

Last response: in Video Games
June 24, 2007 9:57:39 PM

Does anyone know of a patch, a program, or method of automatically keeping scores for the Microsoft Solitaire game?

I think it would be great to see improvements in one's skills.... Hmmm, I think I am doing better, but it would be nice to know if I am only kidding myself.

Richard
June 27, 2007 12:28:06 AM

I still keep a pencil and paper next to my computer for certain games (especially RPGs and business sims).

Couldn't you just write it down?

Spider Solitaire is a vastly superior game with three skill levels that tracks your winning %, runs of wins and losses, and best scores.

Try it; you'll probably get hooked.
July 3, 2007 2:49:30 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know of a patch, a program, or method of automatically keeping scores for the Microsoft Solitaire game?

I think it would be great to see improvements in one's skills.... Hmmm, I think I am doing better, but it would be nice to know if I am only kidding myself.

Richard

:lol: 

Honestly, there's no reason to keep track. You get points for moving cards from the draw pile to the playing feild, for uncovering cards, and for moving cards to their suit stacks. You lose points for using undo, pulling cards down from the suit stacks, and going through the draw pile more than twice, if I remember correctly.

If you're playing it without the timer, then there is a limit to how high your score can be. If you can play every card in the draw pile into the playing feild, only go through the draw pile once, and complete the round without pulling from the suit stacks, you'll get a perfect score. I can't remember what a perfect score is, but it's in the 600-700 range. Shouldn't take more than an a few hours to do.

Now timed games are different. Same rules as above, but you also get a great bonus for completely a round as quickly as possible. Generaly, if you finish a round in under two minutes, you'll have a score over 6,000. Shave a dozen seconds off that and you'll have a score in the 7,000 range. My best score (on my PocketPC) was just under 8,000, completing a round in 95 seconds. It would be better on the PC because a right click moves all the cards to the suit stacks, whereas a PocketPC has no right click and requires double-clicks for each card.

Yes, I play way too much Solitaire... :oops: 
Related resources
!