Shuttle SS51G w/ SiS651/962L chipset, any details?

pcjr

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2002
Hi, I saw on TigerDirect.com's barebones system a Shuttle SS51G ATX Flex motherboard with Sis 651/962L. Anyone have details on this? How is the performance? I realize there will be limited expansion options, but considering it has many things built in, including USB 2 and Firewire, I actually like the cube design. Just wondering how its onboard graphics do and how well it handles DDR memory. Since the Northbridge is 651, will it be able to handle DDR400 unofficially like the 648?

--Peter

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by pcjr on 09/24/02 06:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

pstate

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2002
There is a complete review here in THG, at hexus.net (?) and at tech-report.com. Overall good reviews however on the boards a number of people have pointed out the obvious lack of expansion space. It also comes with not so great integrated graphics. You will probably want to buy a graphics card to fill the AGP slot which adds to the expense. Personally I was thinking about getting one, but settle on building a regular ATX form system using an ASUS P4S8X mobo for less money. But people on these boards who have bought them are quite happy with them (they are very quiet). Good luck!

There are too many global idiots in the global village!