Cached username/password not working - help

Hello there. Windows XP Pro system that accesses a
network. All of a sudden, while disconnected from the
network, using a laptop, Windows won't accept the cached
username/password. Windows says either the password or
domain are incorrect. However, I am the pc tech for my
company and I have verified that the
username/password/domain are correct. In fact, I am able
to log into the machine as administrator using cached
username/password/domain. Just to be sure I logged on
with the username/password/domain on another machine
(connected to the network) with no problems. This person
has not changed password in several months and logged
into the machine while offline as recently as yesterday.
Caps lock and num lock have been checked. Has anyone ever
heard of cached username/password becoming corrupt and
why? Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about cached username password working help

    Hi,

    Might this explain what you are seeing?

    Cannot Access Network Resources After You Establish a Dial-Up Networking
    Connection and Log On to the Domain
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326570

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "pd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello there. Windows XP Pro system that accesses a
    > network. All of a sudden, while disconnected from the
    > network, using a laptop, Windows won't accept the cached
    > username/password. Windows says either the password or
    > domain are incorrect. However, I am the pc tech for my
    > company and I have verified that the
    > username/password/domain are correct. In fact, I am able
    > to log into the machine as administrator using cached
    > username/password/domain. Just to be sure I logged on
    > with the username/password/domain on another machine
    > (connected to the network) with no problems. This person
    > has not changed password in several months and logged
    > into the machine while offline as recently as yesterday.
    > Caps lock and num lock have been checked. Has anyone ever
    > heard of cached username/password becoming corrupt and
    > why? Thanks in advance.

Domain Microsoft Windows XP