Introduction

I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and figure
it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play USWest softcore
ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and *bobsteele. I currently
have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting
hell, a druid who is resting somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is
still tryng to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up.
I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and think
it is time to become a more productive member of the community. I look
forward to seing y'all in games soon.
gene
29 answers Last reply
More about introduction

    gene wrote:
    > I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    figure
    > it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play USWest
    softcore
    > ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and *bobsteele. I
    currently
    > have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past Mephisto, a 60ish zon just
    starting
    > hell, a druid who is resting somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who
    is
    > still tryng to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up.
    > I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    think
    > it is time to become a more productive member of the community. I
    look
    > forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    > gene

    I have a level 79 Spearazon in Travincal. Possibly, just possibly we
    can hook up for the battle against mepf.

    I will try to remember your acct names. My zon is on *orionryder1.

    If we don't get to hook I am sure we might cross each others path
    elsewhere.

    Orion Ryder

    gene <genejackson@sprynet.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    > figure it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play
    > USWest softcore ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and
    > *bobsteele. I currently have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past
    > Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting hell, a druid who is resting
    > somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is still tryng to figure out
    > what she wants to be when she grows up.
    > I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    > think it is time to become a more productive member of the community.
    > I look forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    > gene

    Welcome to the madhouse :D

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >gene <genejackson@sprynet.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    >> I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    >> figure it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play
    >> USWest softcore ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and
    >> *bobsteele. I currently have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past
    >> Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting hell, a druid who is resting
    >> somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is still tryng to figure out
    >> what she wants to be when she grows up.
    >> I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    >> think it is time to become a more productive member of the community.
    >> I look forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    >> gene
    >
    >Welcome to the madhouse :D

    Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    "ald" <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >gene <genejackson@sprynet.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > >> I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    > >> figure it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play
    > >> USWest softcore ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and
    > >> *bobsteele. I currently have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past
    > >> Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting hell, a druid who is resting
    > >> somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is still tryng to figure out
    > >> what she wants to be when she grows up.
    > >> I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    > >> think it is time to become a more productive member of the community.
    > >> I look forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    > >> gene
    > >
    > >Welcome to the madhouse :D
    >
    > Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)

    Yes so start that thread so we lure back 0tty.

    ald wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> gene <genejackson@sprynet.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    >>> I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    >>> figure it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play
    >>> USWest softcore ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and
    >>> *bobsteele. I currently have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past
    >>> Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting hell, a druid who is resting
    >>> somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is still tryng to figure
    >>> out what she wants to be when she grows up.
    >>> I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    >>> think it is time to become a more productive member of the
    >>> community. I look forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    >>> gene
    >>
    >> Welcome to the madhouse :D
    >
    > Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)

    <cough> I never got any when I started posting here. <cough>

    desktop at home dot se

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:20:04 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
    wrote:

    >ald wrote:
    >> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:

    >> Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)
    >
    ><cough> I never got any when I started posting here. <cough>
    >
    >desktop at home dot se

    That's because, at that time, I was my usual 3 weeks behind (actually,
    quite a bit more). You were already a regular by the time I read your
    first post ;-)

    gene wrote:
    > I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    > figure it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play
    > USWest softcore ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and
    > *bobsteele. I currently have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past
    > Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting hell, a druid who is resting
    > somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is still tryng to figure out
    > what she wants to be when she grows up.
    > I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    > think it is time to become a more productive member of the community.
    > I look forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    > gene

    Welcome to the house of wombats!

    desktop at home dot se

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:10:38 GMT, "gene" <genejackson@sprynet.com>
    wrote:

    >I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and figure
    >it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play USWest softcore
    >ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and *bobsteele. I currently
    >have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting
    >hell, a druid who is resting somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is
    >still tryng to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up.
    >I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and think
    >it is time to become a more productive member of the community. I look
    >forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    >gene

    Hey Gene,

    nice introduction! Take care of yourself, or we'll dress you up like
    a barbie doll!
    You know about the standard game names, right?

    Cheers Kai

    kai_laddr and kai_laddr2

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>gene <genejackson@sprynet.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    >>> I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    >>> figure it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play
    >>> USWest softcore ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and
    >>> *bobsteele. I currently have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past
    >>> Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting hell, a druid who is resting
    >>> somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is still tryng to figure
    out
    >>> what she wants to be when she grows up.
    >>> I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    >>> think it is time to become a more productive member of the
    community.
    >>> I look forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    >>> gene
    >>
    >>Welcome to the madhouse :D
    >
    > Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)
    >
    > ald

    Yes, preferably blueberry, and a pot of coffee.

    Diane

    "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in news:UmBJd.15276$d5.127550
    @newsb.telia.net:

    > ald wrote:
    >> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill"
    <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> gene <genejackson@sprynet.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
    spoo:

    >>> Welcome to the madhouse :D
    >>
    >> Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)
    >
    > <cough> I never got any when I started posting here. <cough>
    >
    > desktop at home dot se

    Don't feel bad. Neither did I. :)

    Diane

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> said:

    >ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
    >
    >> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>gene <genejackson@sprynet.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    >out
    >community.
    >>>
    >>>Welcome to the madhouse :D
    >>
    >> Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)
    >>
    >> ald
    >
    >Yes, preferably blueberry, and a pot of coffee.

    If he does pass out muffins, then they will be bran muffins, because those are
    the kind that make you regular. :-)
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in

    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    > Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> said:
    >
    >>ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

    >>out
    >>community.

    >>> Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)
    >>>
    >>> ald
    >>
    >>Yes, preferably blueberry, and a pot of coffee.
    >
    > If he does pass out muffins, then they will be bran muffins, because
    > those are the kind that make you regular. :-)

    And since when is he regular?

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:59:34 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >And since when is he regular?

    Touche` ;-) But they're not supposed to make *me* regular, or *I'd* be
    the one getting the muffins ;-)

    I'm actually just the assistant muffin-passer-outer, but since the
    Head Honcho hasn't been here forever, I'm sending you a batch and
    praying that a certain Mad one doesn't get wind of it.

    > Touche` ;-) But they're not supposed to make *me* regular, or *I'd* be
    > the one getting the muffins ;-)
    >
    > I'm actually just the assistant muffin-passer-outer, but since the
    > Head Honcho hasn't been here forever, I'm sending you a batch and
    > praying that a certain Mad one doesn't get wind of it.

    It'll be "our" secret. My lips are sealed.

    Diane

    "ald" <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >gene <genejackson@sprynet.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > >> I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    > >> figure it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play
    > >> USWest softcore ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and
    > >> *bobsteele. I currently have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past
    > >> Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting hell, a druid who is resting
    > >> somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is still tryng to figure out
    > >> what she wants to be when she grows up.
    > >> I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    > >> think it is time to become a more productive member of the community.
    > >> I look forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    > >> gene
    > >
    > >Welcome to the madhouse :D
    >
    > Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)

    (snip)

    Sure, and ask Alan Ladd if he still has any party hats (obscure reference to
    an OT dispute in agd/agd2 about six months ago that I and a few of you
    participated in).

    "Kai Scholz-Starke" <bergzwerg@arcor.de> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:10:38 GMT, "gene" <genejackson@sprynet.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    figure
    > >it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play USWest softcore
    > >ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and *bobsteele. I currently
    > >have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past Mephisto, a 60ish zon just
    starting
    > >hell, a druid who is resting somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is
    > >still tryng to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up.
    > >I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    think
    > >it is time to become a more productive member of the community. I look
    > >forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    > >gene
    > >

    > Hey Gene,
    >
    > nice introduction! Take care of yourself, or we'll dress you up like
    > a barbie doll!
    > You know about the standard game names, right?
    >
    > Cheers Kai
    >
    > kai_laddr and kai_laddr2

    I think I know the names protocols, and I don't mind wearing other's
    castoffs :-). .thanks for the welcomes, Yall.

    gene wrote:
    > I've been lurking here (and in agd-2) for about six months now, and
    > figure it is time to introduce myself to the community. I play
    > USWest softcore ladder, playing accounts for now *barchester and
    > *bobsteele. I currently have a lvl 80 necro trying to get past
    > Mephisto, a 60ish zon just starting hell, a druid who is resting
    > somewhere in NM right now and a Sorc who is still tryng to figure out
    > what she wants to be when she grows up.
    > I have learned a lot about the game from reading the posts here, and
    > think it is time to become a more productive member of the community.
    > I look forward to seing y'all in games soon.
    > gene

    Greets. Welcome aboard.
    --
    ~misfit~

    *misfitnz, *misfitnz1

    Diane wrote:
    > "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in news:UmBJd.15276$d5.127550
    > @newsb.telia.net:
    >
    >> ald wrote:

    > spoo:

    >>> Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)
    >>
    >> <cough> I never got any when I started posting here. <cough>
    >
    > Don't feel bad. Neither did I. :)

    I suggest we have a muffin party of our own. Or should we make that a cup
    cake party?

    desktop at home dot se

    ald wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:20:04 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> ald wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:03 -0000, "EvilBill"
    >>> <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>> Should I be sending out muffins? ;-)
    >>
    >> <cough> I never got any when I started posting here. <cough>
    >
    > That's because, at that time, I was my usual 3 weeks behind (actually,
    > quite a bit more). You were already a regular by the time I read your
    > first post ;-)

    You ate them yourself, didn't you? ;-) (y) on the explanation though.

    desktop at home dot se

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:19:15 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
    wrote:

    >You ate them yourself, didn't you? ;-) (y) on the explanation though.
    >
    >desktop

    Nah, I've always been considered a regular in here, even when I'm
    responding to posts six months old ;-)

    > I suggest we have a muffin party of our own. Or should we make that a
    > cup cake party?
    >
    > desktop at home dot se

    Oh, do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man? Oh do
    you know the muffin man? I think it's A L D, ROFLOL.

    Diane

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> stared blankly into space for a
    short while before writing:
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:59:34 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> And since when is he regular?
    >
    > Touche` ;-) But they're not supposed to make *me* regular, or *I'd*
    > be the one getting the muffins ;-)
    >
    > I'm actually just the assistant muffin-passer-outer, but since the
    > Head Honcho hasn't been here forever,

    And what ever happened to him? Does noone know?

    It's beyond my ken...

    --
    Doc

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:11:22 +1100, "Doc"
    <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote:

    >And what ever happened to him? Does noone know?
    >
    >It's beyond my ken...
    >
    >--
    >Doc

    Sadly, we greatly underestimated what influence D2 would have on the
    community in here. He and several others left for another land, where
    a few of them (including Ken) still hang out. He can also be seen
    occasionally in another group I read, but he's not there as often as
    in the new group for the old AGD.

    Diane wrote:
    > "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in
    >
    >> I suggest we have a muffin party of our own. Or should we make that a
    >> cup cake party?
    >
    > Oh, do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man? Oh
    > do you know the muffin man? I think it's A L D, ROFLOL.

    Girl you thought he was a man
    But he was a muffin
    He hung around till you found
    That he didn't know nuthin'

    Girl you thought he was a man
    But he only was a-puffin'
    No cries is heard in the night
    As a result of him stuffin'

    desktop at home dot se

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:10:01 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
    wrote:

    >Diane wrote:
    >> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I suggest we have a muffin party of our own. Or should we make that a
    >>> cup cake party?
    >>
    >> Oh, do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man? Oh
    >> do you know the muffin man? I think it's A L D, ROFLOL.
    >
    >Girl you thought he was a man
    >But he was a muffin
    >He hung around till you found
    >That he didn't know nuthin'
    >
    >Girl you thought he was a man
    >But he only was a-puffin'
    >No cries is heard in the night
    >As a result of him stuffin'
    >
    >desktop

    I'm not sure, but I think I've been insulted ;-/

    ald wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:10:01 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Diane wrote:
    >>> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in

    >>> Oh, do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
    >>> Oh do you know the muffin man? I think it's A L D, ROFLOL.
    >>
    >> Girl you thought he was a man
    >> But he was a muffin
    >> He hung around till you found
    >> That he didn't know nuthin'
    >>
    >> Girl you thought he was a man
    >> But he only was a-puffin'
    >> No cries is heard in the night
    >> As a result of him stuffin'
    >>
    >> desktop
    >
    > I'm not sure, but I think I've been insulted ;-/
    >
    > ald

    My good man, I would never intentionally insult you. :-) I think Frank Zappa
    is referring to 0tarin though. Unless you are a stuffer as well?

    desktop at home dot de

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:33:39 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
    wrote:

    >My good man, I would never intentionally insult you. :-) I think Frank Zappa
    >is referring to 0tarin though. Unless you are a stuffer as well?
    >
    >desktop

    Ah, fair enough, I didn't recognize the quote ;-)

    ald wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:19:15 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> You ate them yourself, didn't you? ;-) (y) on the explanation though.
    >>
    >> desktop
    >
    > Nah, I've always been considered a regular in here, even when I'm
    > responding to posts six months old ;-)
    >
    > ald

    I went out and bought my own cup cakes, even though they are not muffins in
    English.

    desktop at home dot se

    ald wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:33:39 GMT, "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> My good man, I would never intentionally insult you. :-) I think
    >> Frank Zappa is referring to 0tarin though. Unless you are a stuffer
    >> as well?
    >>
    >> desktop
    >
    > Ah, fair enough, I didn't recognize the quote ;-)
    >
    > ald

    I was going to sing the quote for you but couldn't find a microphone. That
    would have made is to much easier for you.

    desktop at home dot se

Games Diablo Video Games