Time/clock error ?

when booting up in XP error msg requires me to go to setup (F1)... the
date/time indicates a date in July 2002 .............which I correct .......
the next time I start up my machine, the same thing happens (the date/time is
in July 2002.....any help on how to PERMANENTLY correct this problem ?

--
GOLF is the 2d most pleasurable thing known to man !
1 answer Last reply

    Hi,

    The date and time is not saved in your bios settings and that is because you
    have a weak battery or a drained out battery. get a new one replaced on ur
    motherboard.

    Regards
    M. Rajesh
    ..Net and Windows Shell MVP
    www.winxpsolution.com.

    "donguz" wrote:

    > when booting up in XP error msg requires me to go to setup (F1)... the
    > date/time indicates a date in July 2002 .............which I correct .......
    > the next time I start up my machine, the same thing happens (the date/time is
    > in July 2002.....any help on how to PERMANENTLY correct this problem ?
    >

    > --
    > GOLF is the 2d most pleasurable thing known to man !

Microsoft Windows XP