Backup

My computer came with XP Home preinstalled. I am told that there is the
Backup utility but it is not there. What do I have to do?
TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about backup

    XP Pro has it preinstalled, XP Home does not. But I was told that it is
    available
    on the XP Home CD and it could be installed. Maybe someone out here knows
    how to do that. Hope this helps. :-)

    I am no expert, but I did stay at
    the Holiday Inn last night.

    "Ben Stevenson" wrote:

    > My computer came with XP Home preinstalled. I am told that there is the
    > Backup utility but it is not there. What do I have to do?
    > TIA

    Hi Ben! the Backup utility isn't included in hte default installation of xp
    home,you need to install manually.Go to
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302894 it will give
    you instructions on how to install backup. Hope this helps,have a good day.
    Jim

    "Ben Stevenson" wrote:

    > My computer came with XP Home preinstalled. I am told that there is the
    > Backup utility but it is not there. What do I have to do?
    > TIA

Computers Backup Microsoft Windows XP