Installation of Excel

I recently recieved and setup a new computer for college, but i'm having
problems installing Microsoft Excel. It asked for my product key, which I
found on the certificate of authenticity on the side of my hard drive. The
funny thing is that when I enter that code, it says that it is invalid. Any
help?

The certificate of authenticity on the side of your hard drive is for
your Windows operating system, not for Microsoft Excel. The
Product Key for Excel is found on the CD sleeve in which the
Excel installation CD came in.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP