cdrw will not edit

August 7, 2004 8:01:01 PM

I have edited individual pictures on my cd rw disk before. Not it will not
let me. I use to use system restore and I believe that is how I got the rw to
work. I used roxia ez cd creatot. I deleted it. Then my d drive was not
recongized. Went to a microsoft website and deleted something in the registry
that said upper and lower. What is wrong and what do I need to do. My drive
is nec nr 7900a

More about : cdrw edit

August 7, 2004 8:15:01 PM

I think the error is from the CD-RW, CD-RWs tend to get mixed up after you
put information on them and delete information off them several times. The
solution: don't rewrite CD-RWs over and over and store pictures on the
computer.

"billwill" wrote:

> I have edited individual pictures on my cd rw disk before. Not it will not
> let me. I use to use system restore and I believe that is how I got the rw to
> work. I used roxia ez cd creatot. I deleted it. Then my d drive was not
> recongized. Went to a microsoft website and deleted something in the registry
> that said upper and lower. What is wrong and what do I need to do. My drive
> is nec nr 7900a
August 7, 2004 8:25:01 PM

I believe it started after deleting the roxio software. I copied the original
cd to the harddrive and then burned it on a new cdrw. it says itd is still a
read only cdrw.

"Eddy" wrote:

> I think the error is from the CD-RW, CD-RWs tend to get mixed up after you
> put information on them and delete information off them several times. The
> solution: don't rewrite CD-RWs over and over and store pictures on the
> computer.
>
> "billwill" wrote:
>
> > I have edited individual pictures on my cd rw disk before. Not it will not
> > let me. I use to use system restore and I believe that is how I got the rw to
> > work. I used roxia ez cd creatot. I deleted it. Then my d drive was not
> > recongized. Went to a microsoft website and deleted something in the registry
> > that said upper and lower. What is wrong and what do I need to do. My drive
> > is nec nr 7900a
Related resources
August 8, 2004 12:15:02 PM

John Rampling is correct, but if you had used Roxio's Easy CD Creator format
feature, you would not have these problems. For then the CD would work just
like another harddrive and any program could read it. It takes from 15 to 25
minutes to format a 650mb CD, but it wil run on any PC.

"billwill" wrote:

> I believe it started after deleting the roxio software. I copied the original
> cd to the harddrive and then burned it on a new cdrw. it says itd is still a
> read only cdrw.
>
> "Eddy" wrote:
>
> > I think the error is from the CD-RW, CD-RWs tend to get mixed up after you
> > put information on them and delete information off them several times. The
> > solution: don't rewrite CD-RWs over and over and store pictures on the
> > computer.
> >
> > "billwill" wrote:
> >
> > > I have edited individual pictures on my cd rw disk before. Not it will not
> > > let me. I use to use system restore and I believe that is how I got the rw to
> > > work. I used roxia ez cd creatot. I deleted it. Then my d drive was not
> > > recongized. Went to a microsoft website and deleted something in the registry
> > > that said upper and lower. What is wrong and what do I need to do. My drive
> > > is nec nr 7900a
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 4:06:17 PM

The problem is that different burning software uses different systems of
file storage. A CD/RW disk burned with Nero will not be read by Roxio EasyCD
etc. I have had the same problem myself which has led to loss of some
important data.

By installing and then uninstalling Roxio I think you have modified the disk
so it is no longer readable. You will either have to reinstall Roxio or find
a CD recovery program to save your corrupted data. Try Isobuster which can
be found as a free download from
http://www.multimedia-freaks.de/download.php?id=5

Hope you get your pictures back

John

"billwill" <billwill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I believe it started after deleting the roxio software. I copied the
>original
> cd to the harddrive and then burned it on a new cdrw. it says itd is still
> read only cdrw.
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 7:05:02 PM

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 16:01:01 -0700, billwill wrote:

> I have edited individual pictures on my cd rw disk before. Not it will not
> let me. I use to use system restore and I believe that is how I got the rw to
> work. I used roxia ez cd creatot. I deleted it. Then my d drive was not
> recongized. Went to a microsoft website and deleted something in the registry
> that said upper and lower. What is wrong and what do I need to do. My drive
> is nec nr 7900a

If you no longer have Roxio, what are you using to write on the cd/rw disk?
If using XP's burning features, it will not allow direct editing of a
single file on re writeable disk. More info:
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

If you want to work "on the fly" with single files on cd/rw, you'll need to
install a third party burning program again.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Sharon F...will you marry me?LOL. I am having the same problem. Dell 8600
loaded with XP and I can't save a simple MSword or powerpoint file to my D:
drive (cd). I could easily do it a month ago, but caught a virus...computer
man kicked out my LAN drives and the cd quit working...now I have to go to my
computer and copy a C: file to D: and then go into D: and rewrite the file
onto disk...takes me 2 to 3 minutes with this process. It says I am not the
administrator, but I have checked several times and I am...???? Thanks for
the web site...great info.

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 16:01:01 -0700, billwill wrote:
>
> > I have edited individual pictures on my cd rw disk before. Not it will not
> > let me. I use to use system restore and I believe that is how I got the rw to
> > work. I used roxia ez cd creatot. I deleted it. Then my d drive was not
> > recongized. Went to a microsoft website and deleted something in the registry
> > that said upper and lower. What is wrong and what do I need to do. My drive
> > is nec nr 7900a
>
> If you no longer have Roxio, what are you using to write on the cd/rw disk?
> If using XP's burning features, it will not allow direct editing of a
> single file on re writeable disk. More info:
> http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
>
> If you want to work "on the fly" with single files on cd/rw, you'll need to
> install a third party burning program again.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Anonymous
October 22, 2004 5:22:11 PM

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:19:04 -0700, pastor wrote:

> Sharon F...will you marry me?LOL. I am having the same problem. Dell 8600
> loaded with XP and I can't save a simple MSword or powerpoint file to my D:
> drive (cd). I could easily do it a month ago, but caught a virus...computer
> man kicked out my LAN drives and the cd quit working...now I have to go to my
> computer and copy a C: file to D: and then go into D: and rewrite the file
> onto disk...takes me 2 to 3 minutes with this process. It says I am not the
> administrator, but I have checked several times and I am...???? Thanks for
> the web site...great info.

Marry? Sorry, not available ;^)

Not sure I understand what happened on your system. I read it as : your
system was infected by a virus and the "computer man" disconnected it from
the network to protect other workstations.

Disconnecting from the network shouldn't make a difference in the procedure
of burning a CD *unless* your system was previously using a CD burning
program that was on a network share and/or burning to a mapped network
drive (not physically connected to your system).

Most burning programs that I'm familiar with require a local installation
to support the hardware on that same computer. Your situation may be caused
by network specifics that I'm not familiar with. I only run into so many
issues on my tiny workgroup of three computers. Sorry. May want to ask the
"computer man" what's up with CD burning on your setup.

By the way, did the virus ever get cleaned up? There are several of these
that can interfere with CD burning.

The article below covers the XP process of CD burning - a somewhat
cumbersome process but adequate for basic burning needs:
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

It also discusses some alternatives and the convenience factors those other
programs might include.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User