BillWill

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2004

In times past I could not edit my pictures on my cdrw. I believe I did a
system restore to get it to work right. That won't work anymore. I have one
cd that has all of my pictures on it. I have edited it before. I downloaded
some more pictures to the cd and decided to make a copy of the cd. I
installed roxio cd creator and could not use it properly, so I deleted it.
Next thing I knew, my cdrw drive was not recognized. From reading something
on microsoft web page I deleted something marked lower and upper in the
registry. My drive is nec nr 7900a. The drive did get recognized then.
However, it will not let me edit any pictures I download to any cdrw disk.
Help.

You deleted "something" from the registry but are'nt sure what it is/was !!
Try,installing xp cd,exit the info page,go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:
Sfc /Scannow
From here,leave the registry alone....Forget roxio,xp doesnt need it or want
to use it..You cant edit files on a cd,you can add to it,some cdrws can erase
a cd,most cant.