AMDXP1600 won't run at 1.4GHZ

icthrooyou

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
Ok, I solved my FIRST little ASUS A7N266-C problem, WinXP does NOT like new hardware!! WHEW!!!

New problem... Now that I've got WinXP all straightened out on my wife's new ASUS board, I am noticing that the CPU (from the ASUS Monitoring software and likewise in the BIOS) is running at 1050GHZ. It is rated for 1.4 GHZ. This board has jumpers set to allow the BIOS to control Clock speed, RAM timing, and just about everything else. The manual shows that I can change the jumpers to allow manual clocking, but it is currently set to have the BIOS control it. When I go to the BIOS and try to change the settings, they don't stay SET. I can CHANGE the numbers, but as soon as I leave that menu in the BIOS and come back, it has RESET itself to the old values.

I have done many builds and reconfigs, but I have never done anything with CPU clock settings, or overclocking. I would like this 1.4GHZ to run at its full normal potential. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for any and all help!

\o/

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
likely, you processors fsb is set to 100mhz. set the jumper to manual clocking, and change the fsb to 133mhz, there should only be 2 setting, 100mhz or 133mhz. it'll be under "hardware monitor setup" or somthing like that.

RevRoy

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2001
There is another possibility if I read your post correctly. With my Asus jumperless mode I discovered the vid 4 was not jumpered and therefore the vcore was running at 1.35 volts when it should have been 1.75 The cpu was running much slower until this change and immediately jumped to 1533 mhz. Don't know if this applies, but hope it will help!

TRENDING THREADS