Virginia

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

Hello to all of you guru's of computer knowledge. I am in
deep dodo. Now here is the cituation. I am working on an
old Dell, Pentium II type. Now it has on it NT 4.0 with no
updates. I am trying to put a clean install of XP on it
but I do not know how.

When I place the Cd in tray the wizard starts and gives me
only the option of upgradeing but not of a clean instal.Of
course it cannot upgrade. Now I have been told to boot
from disk. That is all well and dandy but how do I do that?

I am computer illiterate so I ask that you use small words
and speak slow but above all else talk to me as if I have
never seen a computer before!

Please help.

Clean Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"Virginia" <vleighwise@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hello to all of you guru's of computer knowledge. I am in
> deep dodo. Now here is the cituation. I am working on an
> old Dell, Pentium II type. Now it has on it NT 4.0 with no
> updates. I am trying to put a clean install of XP on it
> but I do not know how.
>
> When I place the Cd in tray the wizard starts and gives me
> only the option of upgradeing but not of a clean instal.Of
> course it cannot upgrade. Now I have been told to boot
> from disk. That is all well and dandy but how do I do that?
>
> I am computer illiterate so I ask that you use small words
> and speak slow but above all else talk to me as if I have
> never seen a computer before!
>
> Please help.

slartibartfast

> [...]

So how did you send this message?
--
Slartibartfast
To reply by email, remove the FJORDS from my address

Slartibartfast wrote:
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Exactly.

BTW, is your real name Mark? ;o)

lose his marbles?

Gordon

"Slartibartfast" <slarti@celynnen.FJORDSdemon.co.uk> wrote in message
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> So how did you send this message?
> --

Internet Cafe? Friend's machine? At work? There's three possibilities at
least!

Miss Pessimissic Prick wrote:

>Exactly.
>
>BTW, is your real name Mark? ;o)
>

>--
>My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did
he eventually
>lose his marbles?

Well well... Miss prick and Sartifartblast! You make
quite a team. Funny thing is netcops like yourselves are
the ones who need to be babysat and policed the most due
to your constant retard-like netiquette. Grow up for
pete's sake...if such a thing is even possible.