Hardware Profile/Configuration Recovery Menu

August 8, 2004 1:07:02 AM

When I start my computer,this page comes up and gives some 20 seconds to
change the hardware profile. I would like to delete this page. Thank you,
--
susanwh
August 8, 2004 2:35:01 AM

Open Control Panel, System. You will see a list of hardware profiles.
Unless you are using a mobile computer you should probably only have one
profile listed. Make sure that the radio button that says "Select the first
profile listed...". Feel free to change the time that Windows waits to 0
seconds. Also, click on profiles and make sure that the box that says "
Always include this profile..." is unchecked.

This info is for XP Pro the wording may vary slightly for XP Home, but the
concept is the same.

Hope this helps, good luck.

"susanwh" wrote:

> When I start my computer,this page comes up and gives some 20 seconds to
> change the hardware profile. I would like to delete this page. Thank you,
> --
> susanwh
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 11:13:01 PM