Hardware Profile/Configuration Recovery Menu

When I start my computer,this page comes up and gives some 20 seconds to
change the hardware profile. I would like to delete this page. Thank you,
--
susanwh
2 answers Last reply

    Open Control Panel, System. You will see a list of hardware profiles.
    Unless you are using a mobile computer you should probably only have one
    profile listed. Make sure that the radio button that says "Select the first
    profile listed...". Feel free to change the time that Windows waits to 0
    seconds. Also, click on profiles and make sure that the box that says "
    Always include this profile..." is unchecked.

    This info is for XP Pro the wording may vary slightly for XP Home, but the
    concept is the same.

    Hope this helps, good luck.

    "susanwh" wrote:

    > When I start my computer,this page comes up and gives some 20 seconds to
    > change the hardware profile. I would like to delete this page. Thank you,
    > --
    > susanwh

    It worked! Thanks so much.

    "drew" wrote:

    > Open Control Panel, System. You will see a list of hardware profiles.
    > Unless you are using a mobile computer you should probably only have one
    > profile listed. Make sure that the radio button that says "Select the first
    > profile listed...". Feel free to change the time that Windows waits to 0
    > seconds. Also, click on profiles and make sure that the box that says "
    > Always include this profile..." is unchecked.
    >
    > This info is for XP Pro the wording may vary slightly for XP Home, but the
    > concept is the same.
    >
    > Hope this helps, good luck.
    >
    > "susanwh" wrote:
    >
    > > When I start my computer,this page comes up and gives some 20 seconds to
    > > change the hardware profile. I would like to delete this page. Thank you,
    > > --
    > > susanwh

Hardware Data Recovery Configuration Windows XP