How long to transfer number from ATT ?

Paul

Splendid

Anybody have an idea on how long it's taking to transfer an ATTWS number to
VZW ? I had read last fall ATT was the slowest in the business on this.

Thanks.

-- Paul

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I transferred two lines last week and it happened literally overnight. The
phones arrived from Verizon and I activated them just before going to bed.
The numbers were transferred by the next morning.

Bob

"Paul" <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Anybody have an idea on how long it's taking to transfer an ATTWS number
> VZW ? I had read last fall ATT was the slowest in the business on this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Paul

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I ported last month from ATT and it was less than 2 hours! The guy in the
Verizon store told me I would receive a text message welcoming me to Verizon
when the change goes through...I got the message and was receiving calls in
less than 2 hours. I guess it all depends on how busy the system is.